Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causes screen to lock

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causes screen to lock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user that is experiencing an issue where her screen with lock randomly throughout the day. There does not seem to be any connection to what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdvNetSol, Sep 24, 2020.

1. AdvNetSol Win User

Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causes screen to lock

I have a user that is experiencing an issue where her screen with lock randomly throughout the day. There does not seem to be any connection to what she is doing. This will happen when she is in the middle of working or not working on it. The event below is logged when it happens. I have replaced the users computer and the issue has persisted. Please let me know if there is a way to figure this out.

Log Name: Application

Source: Desktop Window Manager

Date: 9/24/2020 5:09:46 PM

Event ID: 9027

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Desktop Window Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">9027</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-25T00:09:46.560225700Z" />

<EventRecordID>9901</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer></Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

AdvNetSol, Sep 24, 2020

2. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

Hi All,

I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person at the PC can only see a locked screen.

Is there any way of keeping the desktop on the PC active and view-able while the remote session is underway instead of it going to lock screen?

Thanks

Cosmic Ray, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 24, 2020
  4. orbtwin Win User

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello again:
    Sorry for answering too late.
    I think all my tests are correct and i think i have drawn conclusions:

The Method THREE works for me at last. Following the steps all are OK...but there's 3 important things:

• I reboot the PC-HTPC ... starting the task manager (and the method THREE). Starting too 3 programs (openPHT = plex media theater + Chrome + Steam client.
    • If a remote session from another PC at home is started (logging whatever user, indeed the same -htpc) and after the session is closed (RDP remote desktop) ... then: in amount of time the damn lock-screen appears (and i don't know why the openPHT its closed). I mean: starting a RDP session and closing after, causes the PC to see the lock screen. It doesn't matter what user to use
    • The same procedure using teamviewer (i asume the PC-HTPC "detects" another user loggin in) causing the same as above.

If a let the PC-HTPC without logging in from another computer, then, everything is OK about the lock screen. Doesn't apperars.
    The question is:
    How Win10 pro is "detecting" this "intrusions / loggins" causing the re-show the lock screen.
    I imagine that there is a normal user logged (-htpc) ... if the same user is doing "another logging" from another PC, the first one user are quit?..

It's a mess...otherwise, if i remain the PC in normal working, everything is OK
    Sorry if explaining me so bad!

orbtwin, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causes screen to lock - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  3. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager": Problem: There seems to be a delay when windows tries to go from the lock screen to the login screen about 5 minutes!. The computer belongs to a business and I was told not to update or restore it. Attempts at solving the problem: I've tried the following to fix the...
  4. Lock Screen to Login Screen delay "please wait for Local Session Manager"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. desktop window manager causing crash

desktop window manager causing crash: HiMy computer has been crashing lately. Going into reliability history I discovered the critical events were listed as the desktop windows manager, which stopped working at least five times crashing the computer and forcing me to turn it off and on again, losing my documents,...
  6. The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port.: I see "The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port." in event viewer. What does this even mean??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-desktop-window-manager-has-registered-the/faf4123c-a0a3-4014-a223-36c457508931
  7. Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causing monitors to lose input and...

Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port causing monitors to lose input and...: Hi all, Currently experiencing a daily issue that manifests itself with the following - screens becoming unresponsive - screens turning black /losing input - screens recovering This issue causes any full screen application to crash, and also cause Plex desktop...
  8. Remote Session - Do not lock screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Session - Do not lock screen?: Hello! Here's the problem we have: We have a monitor hanging in the entrance area with information in a PowerPoint. The corresponding PC is well locked away. To update this information, Person X switches to the PC with the local user via Remote Session (Windows Remote...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Session Manger Properties is not on the list

Desktop Window Manager Session Manger Properties is not on the list: Hie, Today I realised that it was taking longer to load webpages on my Dell Optiplex 745 Desktop computer and I started to investigate . I found out that the windows desktop managers session missing...
  10. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...