Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed in Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Desktop Window Manager (DWM) is a compositing window manager that renders all those pretty […] This article Desktop Window Manager stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop Window Manager stopped working and was closed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  3. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  4. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  6. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  7. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop windows manager stopped working: I always get the same error then the pc force a restart, and sometimes after i switch on the pc from sleep, every thing is black except for the taskbar.its DWM stopped working followed by the hardware errors.its been going on for a while and not sure how to fix it.help is...
  8. Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.: When i was playing one of my game minecraft all of the sudden my video would stop and my fans would rev up and id be forced to hard restart my PC.When i checked reliability history i found loads of critical events saying Desktop Window Manager Stopped working with these...
  9. Screen blinks as the Desktop Window Manager stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blinks as the Desktop Window Manager stops working: 3 or 4 times a day, or at least when I'm working on my Lenovo Edge 2-1580, the screen will blink off and back on. According to the Reliability Monitor the Desktop Window Manager stops working when this occurs. Usually happens 2 times in a row. The issue had been occurring, so...
  10. Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Windows Manager stopped working: What is this & what does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-windows-manager-stopped-working/a8aba03a-b98f-4100-b417-972b5861a2eb