Windows 10: desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running

Discus and support desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Desktop window manager crashes after a while of having my computer on, ive tried reinstalling windows, drivers, and underclocking my GPU to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshliWoodgate, Sep 8, 2020.

1. desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running

desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running c5b000eb-f840-4db5-a84d-80cd6dce232b?upload=true.png

Desktop window manager crashes after a while of having my computer on, ive tried reinstalling windows, drivers, and underclocking my GPU to use less power.

I'm really lost here any advice on how to fix this?

:)

AshliWoodgate, Sep 8, 2020

2. desktop windows manager stopped working,win 10

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

As you are facing issues with the power management I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Method 2: Change Power settings on the system.

Follow the steps below:

Check if allow this device to wake the computer is checked in Device Manager.

1. Click Start, type Device manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.

2. Select keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and select ‘Properties’.

3. Select the ‘Power management’ tab.

4. Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box.

5. Repeat these steps for Mouse and Network adapters as well.

Hope this information is helpful regarding the power management. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Can't run game RTK X on Windows 10 64bit

Hi lợilê1,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why a certain game will not work. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Are you experiencing the same concern with your other games?
    • Are you getting any error code or error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you check the link below and follow the steps provided:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 8, 2020
  4. desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running

1. desktop window manager stops working after a while when games are running - Similar Threads - desktop window manager

2. Desktop pc stops displaying when run game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop pc stops displaying when run game: Hello,For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where when I am running games my pc stops displaying and I can't shut it down with the power button but have to use the psu to shut it down. I've tried switching the graphics card with another one and that seemed to work...
  3. Desktop pc stops displaying when run game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop pc stops displaying when run game: Hello,For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where when I am running games my pc stops displaying and I can't shut it down with the power button but have to use the psu to shut it down. I've tried switching the graphics card with another one and that seemed to work...
  4. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  5. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  6. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DWM Desktop Window Manager crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM Desktop Window Manager crashes while gaming: Since about two weeks back, I have frequent crashes playing various games, e.g. Fortnite. Suddenly during the game can be after 1 minute or 30 minutes, but usually not longer than that the screen goes black "monitor cannot find any input" and the audio disappears. The graphic...
  8. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop windows manager stopped working: I always get the same error then the pc force a restart, and sometimes after i switch on the pc from sleep, every thing is black except for the taskbar.its DWM stopped working followed by the hardware errors.its been going on for a while and not sure how to fix it.help is...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.: When i was playing one of my game minecraft all of the sudden my video would stop and my fans would rev up and id be forced to hard restart my PC.When i checked reliability history i found loads of critical events saying Desktop Window Manager Stopped working with these...
  10. Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Windows Manager stopped working: What is this & what does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-windows-manager-stopped-working/a8aba03a-b98f-4100-b417-972b5861a2eb