Windows 10: Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

Discus and support Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The below attachment describes my problem. It is a new problem to me. To be honest, after updating to version 21H1, I'm facing a lot of problems and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AryanHossain, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

The below attachment describes my problem. It is a new problem to me. To be honest, after updating to version 21H1, I'm facing a lot of problems and that is really frustrating as a windows user!!!!!!!

:)

AryanHossain, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

BSOD- memory management

Upon checking the dump file, the issue is being caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ntoskrnl.exe is the one responsible for memory management that is why you're having the Memory Management error. We suggest that you follow the steps found in the link that we provided
    in our last reply to resolve the issue. Please take note that if you're overclocking your processor or video card, kindly reset their settings to default.

Let us know the outcome after performing the provided steps.

Argel Obm, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Memory management

Hi Daniel,

Missing/outdated driver and error with your PC memory (RAM) are some of the factors that may cause the blue screen due to Memory Management error. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are other troubleshooting steps have your performed to resolve your concern?

While checking for the dump file that you've sent, we suggest that you run a full scan on your device using the
    SFC and DISM command to automatically fix any corrupted files that my possibly trigger the error. The steps can be found on this

Wiki Article
    created by community MVP ZigZag3143. Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 24, 2021
  4. imanalien Win User

Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory

1. Desktop window manager taking 27% of memory - Similar Threads - Desktop window manager

2. Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory: Windows desktop mgr taking a lot of memory . fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-a-lot-of-memory/41d8ce1a-91a8-4459-83b3-d4a1f5c23069
  3. Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Window Manager taking a lot of Memory: Windows desktop mgr taking a lot of memory . fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-a-lot-of-memory/41d8ce1a-91a8-4459-83b3-d4a1f5c23069
  4. Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage: Memory usage of Desktop Window Manager increases over time, irrespective of the task. It consumes memory as high as 7GB.I have tried a lot of solutions nothing works. It would be great if someone could provide a working solution for that.Thanks...
  5. Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory

Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory: Hi,When I open task manager, I see that Desktop Window Manager DWM.exe takes up more than 1.6 GB of memory.I've searched the internet and tried everything I could find, but nothing was a permanent fix.Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?...
  6. Desktop Window Manager eating memory

Desktop Window Manager eating memory: I have a longstanding problem with Desktop Window Manager on a Lenovo laptop. It takes up more and more of my memory over time. I had this problem over a month ago, and the only thing that worked was rolling back my Intel UHD Graphics driver. That time it got to 2 GB an hour....
  7. Desktop Windows Manager - Excessive memory usage

Desktop Windows Manager - Excessive memory usage: New Acer Aspire TC-895 only 3 weeks old. I have noticed ever since my Windows 10 Home upgraded to Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804, I have had issues with Desktop Windows Manager DWM using excessive memory. After a restart the amount of memory used by DWM continues to grow....
  8. Desktop Windows Manager is taking too much Memory

Desktop Windows Manager is taking too much Memory: Desktop Windows Manager is using up to 4GBs of RAM! I have 16 GBs of RAM in my system, so I don't observe much of a performance difference under normal conditions but the fans go haywire and that's what's bothering me. I do not know when this first happened, but I'm sure this...
  9. Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory, please help!

Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory, please help!: Hello, I am using an HP laptop with minimal resources and lately, I have noticed that when only having chrome and discord open the system starts to lag like crazy and when I checked task manager I see the dwm is taking up almost 1.7gb of ram 900mb with only chrome opened. i...
  10. Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. No problems for the first couple of weeks but now I have a really annoying glitch where programs that I am using randomly lose focus for a moment, sometimes to the extent of flashing rapidly. All programs are affected but...