Windows 10: desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2

Discus and support desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my desktop windows manager is taking 1gb+[ATTACH] of RAM and its going up and up. cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz gpu: intel uhd graphics 620... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adisolechwicaksono, Mar 21, 2021.

1. desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2

my desktop windows manager is taking 1gb+ desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2 1d766c14-6e15-4510-a0c7-5bccb75de097?upload=true.png of RAM and its going up and up.
    cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz
    gpu: intel uhd graphics 620

:)

adisolechwicaksono, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 21, 2021
  3. windows 10 takes 2 hours in loading the desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

Note 2: After the troubleshooting is done make sure to refer the section
    " How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the Clean boot article.

Method 3: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Click on 'Start'.

• Enter 'Command prompt' in the Search box.

• In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then tap or click
      'Run as administrator'.

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Waseemulla S, Mar 21, 2021
  4. SASA1024 Win User

desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2

Windows explorer taking almost all RAM

This worked temporary for me. After a system restart, it was taking lots of RAM like before.

Had to do the steps again

I had the same problem on Windows 10 with 8GB RAM, and restarting Explorer didn't work for me. The following may work:

• Open Task Manager
    • On the Details tab, find explorer.exe
    • Right-click on it and choose End process tree
    • Confirm End process tree

Some windows might close; the task bar also disappears.

• Now in Task Manager's File menu, click on Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe in the bar. Click OK.

SASA1024, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2

1. desktop window manager taking too much RAM #2 - Similar Threads - desktop window manager

2. Windows defender and Desktop window manager using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender and Desktop window manager using too much ram: I have posted a question about these 2 problems and still didn't get a working solution do i reinstall windows or something?Like mentioned, Antimalware service excutable and dwm.exe use way too much ram. Combined, they use like 1.6 gigs of ram. No "solution" has worked for me...
  3. Desktop Window Manager using too much RAM Memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Window Manager using too much RAM Memory.: I have 8Gb of ram in my laptop and for the past few days, Desktop Window Manager has been using more than 500mbs of RAM. I have the latest versions of the display adapters installed and the problem persists. Please help me out and let me know what to do....
  4. Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory

Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory: Hi,When I open task manager, I see that Desktop Window Manager DWM.exe takes up more than 1.6 GB of memory.I've searched the internet and tried everything I could find, but nothing was a permanent fix.Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?...
  5. Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10

Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10: I've had a problem with Desktop Windows Manager for 2 months with Windows 10 2004. It consume too much RAM like those picture bellow. I try to reinstall lastest Windows 10 20H2, but It still doesn't work. Is there anyone have the same problem with me or having any...
  6. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  7. desktop window manager taking too much RAM

desktop window manager taking too much RAM: my dwm is taking 2 gb of my ram and it keeps going up gpu: intel uhd 620 graphics cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-too-much-ram/fe41382c-5ed3-4f58-8274-6b1b020330e0
  8. Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM

Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM: Every time I check task manager Desktop Window Manager us using up 20% of my memory I have 8gb How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-up-too-much-ram/8b397e1f-29fd-4ac0-952c-a85697afa022
  9. Desktop Windows Manager is taking too much Memory

Desktop Windows Manager is taking too much Memory: Desktop Windows Manager is using up to 4GBs of RAM! I have 16 GBs of RAM in my system, so I don't observe much of a performance difference under normal conditions but the fans go haywire and that's what's bothering me. I do not know when this first happened, but I'm sure this...
  10. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Windows Photos takes too much RAM !: Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process. This is...