Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ?

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since a few month, Desktop Window Manager uses a huge part of my RAM more than 2go, can go up to 3go. That's not acceptable. It can completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ValentinMARQUES, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ?

Hi,

Since a few month, Desktop Window Manager uses a huge part of my RAM more than 2go, can go up to 3go. That's not acceptable. It can completely freeze my PC for hours yes, for hours. I have to force stop it nearly every day.

My Windows 10 Pro is up to date, all my drivers are up to date, and I already run a system image check DISM. Changed nothing.

What can I do to search what is happening ? What should I do ? How can I learn more ?

Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? 991556fd-e886-43ad-baae-003a742007ca?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance for any answer. Any help is welcome

EDIT :

After searching a bit more, I found this :

https://community.intel.com/t5/Grap...ith-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/td-p/1222297/page/5

and this :https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...hics-for-8th-generation-intel-processors.html

And I am using an Intel HD Graphics 630 ! I'm not 100% sure but that really looks like the issue I'm having

:)

ValentinMARQUES, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Glenn1200 Win User

Desktop using 23,9/24GB of RAM

So recently I installed an additional 16GB of RAM in my pc and everything was runnning fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed all the programs I use etc.
    Now my pc was always using around 30% of the ram, however it soon became 60% and now it is using 99% from startup.

Here are some steps I already performed with the results from those steps:

• I ran a virus scan, with nothing showing up
    • I checked my startup programs, nothing wrong with it in my eyes
    • I ran sfc /scannow which showed up with nothing aswell
    • I ran Kasperky AntiRootKit, nothing showed up
    • I ran Malwarebytes which showed up clean
    • I ran SuperAntiSpyware professional, nothing showed up(except some cookies which are deleted now
    • I ran WPR -cancel in CMD, No trace profiles running

The programs that start when my PC boots are:

Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? qOZbQ8v.png

I hope anyone of you can help me find a solution to this. I know windows10 leverages memory better than windows 7, but it shouldnt be 100% use even when idle.

Here is a screenshot of my resource monitor:

Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? 77QpSGa.png

Glenn1200, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ?

Windows 7 Club

I've been using Windows 7 since it was released as beta, and I must say I love it. My laptop and desktop are now currently running Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition. *Smile Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? :) Why is my name not on this list?! haha *Stick Out Tongue Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? :p

Bluefox1115, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ?

1. Desktop Window Manager uses 3go out of 7 of my RAM - What is happening ? - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  6. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What's happening to my ram?

What's happening to my ram?: Hi, recently I discovered that my 16GB ram was sitting at 30% idle. I opened the task manager to check what was using it cause it's annoying when you want to play games. Task manager showed things that the ram was using but they didn't add up. I checked the internet and...
  8. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram: This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but only restarting or re-installing intel graphic drivers keeps it from using so much ram. Is it my NVIDIA or Intel driver? I think...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM

Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM: I'm facing this issue for the past three weeks,The Desktop Window Manager Is Unnecessarily Using RAMLaptop Specs:HP Pavilion Gaming 15intel i5 9300H8 GB ramNvidia GTX 1650 and intel UHD 630 Display 1920x1080 60HzWindows 10 Home 20H2 OS Build: 19042.985I have researched about...
  10. What happened to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my desktop?: I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?...