Windows 10: Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram

Discus and support Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I dont know why this is happening, but it seems to be caused by the windows update i got last night. Basically every time i even use my computer this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrestonCaisse, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram

I dont know why this is happening, but it seems to be caused by the windows update i got last night. Basically every time i even use my computer this process is using up a ton of my memory. No matter what i do, even if i close all applications, it still doesnt release any memory. Anyone know a solution?

Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram 389ba0b6-523b-4b96-989b-e3969a24cdca?upload=true.png

:)

PrestonCaisse, Feb 1, 2021

2. Will Windows 7 run on the Dell Dimension E310 Desktop if it has 2 GB Ram?

This is talking about if Windows 7 will run on the Dell Dimension E310 Desktop or not as long as it has 2 GB Ram.

ThomasWoolum_1830, Feb 1, 2021
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram

2 gb ram missing after windows 10 upgradeHi,

Thanks Rakesh.

I hope I did not explained my issue earlier.

I have 4GB RAM ( 2* 2 GB Slots) previously.

After Upgrade to 10, One 2GB is missing. For some reasons, Windows 10 did not detect that another 2GB RAM or the RAM is failed.

It is showing just 2 GB (out of which 1.87 GB is usable).

So, Please help me.

ShanmugaSundaram816, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram

1. Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram - Similar Threads - Desktop window manager

2. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  6. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Window Manager using large amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Window Manager using large amounts of RAM: My Windows 10 version: 2004 Three months ago, I began noticing Desktop Window Manager using high amounts of RAM. I would usually see the process using between 3000 and 5000 MB, but one time saw it using over 7000MB (I have 12 GB of RAM). For a while, I was unable to determine...
  8. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram: This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but only restarting or re-installing intel graphic drivers keeps it from using so much ram. Is it my NVIDIA or Intel driver? I think...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM

Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM: I'm facing this issue for the past three weeks,The Desktop Window Manager Is Unnecessarily Using RAMLaptop Specs:HP Pavilion Gaming 15intel i5 9300H8 GB ramNvidia GTX 1650 and intel UHD 630 Display 1920x1080 60HzWindows 10 Home 20H2 OS Build: 19042.985I have researched about...
  10. High RAM usage of Desktop Windows Manager upto 1.2 GB

High RAM usage of Desktop Windows Manager upto 1.2 GB: High RAM usage of Desktop Windows Manager up to 1.2 GB. Tried all methods like restarting, turning off the screensaver, changing wallpaper, etc but none helped.Edition: Windows 10 HomeVersion: 20H2OS build: 19042.985...