Windows 10: desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot

Discus and support desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried several methods to solve this issue, I've tried sfc scan, performance recorder, updating and rolling back display drivers, resetting windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Janardhan Edara, Feb 1, 2021.

1. desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot

I've tried several methods to solve this issue, I've tried sfc scan, performance recorder, updating and rolling back display drivers, resetting windows by downloading and installing windows twice from reset in settings, still desktop window manager uses up like 2000+megabytes of ram after some time of usage where I mostly Microsoft edge, discord

:)

Janardhan Edara, Feb 1, 2021
  2. AnthonyTraber, Feb 1, 2021
  3. CJHook Win User
    Desktop Window Manager: extremely high RAM usage

After a recent Windows 10 update (presumably the anniversary update) I have noticed that Desktop Window Manager will start to use an extremely high amount of RAM while running applications that previously I had no issue with.

The situation I am experiencing this is when I am playing a game (Football Manager 2016) on one monitor while streaming video via Chrome or IE on a second monitor. Previously, I have done this with no issue, and could have the PC in this state for hours
    on end with no problem.

However, since the update I have been getting the following error message after Football Manager 2016 for a while:

desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot c5424e91-10ab-493d-837e-c2aa5c91fe4d.jpg

It seems that it may be Desktop Window Manager that is hogging excessive amounts of memory. For example:

desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot 510e6080-db6d-4ca3-9b7b-711a2ad04fd3.jpg

Is there a known issue with Desktop Window Manager? I have contacted the developers of Football Manager 2016 in the first instance and they suggested this looks like a memory leak in Desktop Window Manager.

CJHook, Feb 1, 2021
  4. desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot

Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you have mentioned that you want to know the ways to fix runtime broker.

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte
    of RAM or more.

If your RAM use is high and your PC is running slowly, an app may be the cause of the problem. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then, on the Processes tab, check to see how much memory Runtime Broker is using. If it’s using more than 15% of your
    memory, you probably have an issue with an app on your PC. To stop Runtime Broker from using so much memory, select Runtime Broker in the list, select End task to close Runtime Broker, and then restart your computer.

If still the issue persist suggest OP to run in-built system maintainace troubleshooter and check-- give appro steps;

1) go to control panel.

2)Select Troubleshooting

3)On left pane, select View all.

4)Select system maintaince and run the troubleshooter .

Hope this information will be helpful for you. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot

1. desktop window manager using extremely high ram after like 3 hours of runtime from boot - Similar Threads - desktop window manager

2. High RAM Usage from Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM Usage from Desktop Window Manager: I have been having many problems with Desktop Window Manager taking up resources. Especially RAM, sometimes GPU. I have installed all the new drivers and tried many other things but haven't been able to get it below 900MB. Does anyone have any solutions?OS: Windows 11 Pro...
  3. High RAM Usage from Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage from Desktop Window Manager: I have been having many problems with Desktop Window Manager taking up resources. Especially RAM, sometimes GPU. I have installed all the new drivers and tried many other things but haven't been able to get it below 900MB. Does anyone have any solutions?OS: Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  6. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

7. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling: Hi all,I've been running into an issue where DWM uses up nearly half of my PC's RAM 13/32gb. Here's a screenshot from Task Manager:When I'm at my computer doing stuff, I don't have any issues. It's only when I leave the PC idle long enough for the screen to go black not sleep...
  8. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling: Hi all,I've been running into an issue where DWM uses up nearly half of my PC's RAM 13/32gb. Here's a screenshot from Task Manager:When I'm at my computer doing stuff, I don't have any issues. It's only when I leave the PC idle long enough for the screen to go black not sleep...
  9. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe extremely high RAM usage after idling

10. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage: I am have the same issue that is described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-window-manager-extremely-high-ram-usage/de72f8b4-8128-485b-bdf9-5e3589e66e85 I will post the capture...