Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avumor, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Avumor Win User

Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but only restarting or re-installing intel graphic drivers keeps it from using so much ram. Is it my NVIDIA or Intel driver? I think its the intel one cause I rolled back my NVIDIA Driver a month ago. Any help would be appreciated. My antimalware service executable also kept using lots of ram so I started using another antivirusagainst my will of course. Should I reinstall windows or such?

:)

Avumor, Jun 28, 2021

2. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 28, 2021
  3. MicroZo Win User
    Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

1. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Windows Manager is using 100MB of RAM: Hello there. Today when I opened task manager I noticed desktop windows manager taking up about 100MB of my RAM. This is quite annoying because I only have 8GB of RAM 7.70 Usable and I've gotten into gaming and multi-platform programming. Any help here? Maybe it's normal on...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  5. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager high ram use: Greetings to everyone, I am humbly asking for someone to help me. I have tried almost all of the fixes I can see on google but still, I cannot open my computer completely. It is stuck on the loading screen. The things that I can only access are limited to Windows Recovery...
  6. Windows Desktop Manager high ram use

7. desktop window manager uses a lot of gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop window manager uses a lot of gpu.: The problem with this desktop window manager, the first time I noticed a problem with it was when I was playing the game. It started lagging a lot for about 10+ seconds. After that, I looked in the task manager and saw about the same value as in the screenshot. I reinstalled...
  8. desktop window manager uses a lot of gpu.

desktop window manager uses a lot of gpu.: The problem with this desktop window manager, the first time I noticed a problem with it was when I was playing the game. It started lagging a lot for about 10+ seconds. After that, I looked in the task manager and saw about the same value as in the screenshot. I reinstalled...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM

Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM: I'm facing this issue for the past three weeks,The Desktop Window Manager Is Unnecessarily Using RAMLaptop Specs:HP Pavilion Gaming 15intel i5 9300H8 GB ramNvidia GTX 1650 and intel UHD 630 Display 1920x1080 60HzWindows 10 Home 20H2 OS Build: 19042.985I have researched about...
  10. Antimalware service executable and desktop window manager using a lot of ram

Antimalware service executable and desktop window manager using a lot of ram: Recently, i started getting very high ram usage from both dwm and ase. Im not sure what caused this, the only change that has been made to my computer is i have plugged in a second monitor. If anyone wants more details, go ahead and ask. Any help is greatly appreciated. This...