Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As long as I run my computer, Desktop Window Manager increases how much memory it uses. I hit a new record of 1.1 GB earlier. It started after I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scuzzmuffin, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit

As long as I run my computer, Desktop Window Manager increases how much memory it uses. I hit a new record of 1.1 GB earlier. It started after I ran a 3D game on my laptop for a week, and a hardware failure in something called LiveKernelEvent happened a few times.

:)

scuzzmuffin, Jan 22, 2021

2. increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 22, 2021
  4. ProjectJK Win User

Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit

Increase Memory Usasge After update

Prior to the windows KB4524244 update my memory usage was right around 7% - Running at 32gb memory I am now using idle 12% memory without Firefox, Chrome, or internet explorer running. I find it a bit annoying that my machine with 32GB Ram/memory is operating
    at idle as if it had 24GB or 16GB memory after the update.

Hoping Microsoft could help with some advice.

Here are a few things I tried without any luck of performance.

• Increase Virtual memory from 4057mb to 10,000mb ( did not really help)
    Fix 5: Set Registry Hack
    This feature can delete page file at shut down to release virtual memory.

Here is a tutorial.

Step 1: Press "Windows + R" keys and then type "regedit" to open Registry Editor.

Step 2: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager > Memory Management.

Step 3: Find ClearPageFileAtShutDown and right click it to modify its value to 1, and then click OK to save it.

Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit 3b24d868-5c58-4d12-9217-90ecd1e57ad5?upload=true.png

ProjectJK, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit

1. Desktop Window Manager's memory increases without limit - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager's

2. Would like to increase the memory on gateway desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would like to increase the memory on gateway desktop: how much memory can I put in. I pulled out 2 g at 1 a piece https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-increase-the-memory-on-gateway/1ff69bfc-4074-4737-a682-d5a7a0785e62
  3. Would like to increase the memory on gateway desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would like to increase the memory on gateway desktop: how much memory can I put in. I pulled out 2 g at 1 a piece https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-increase-the-memory-on-gateway/1ff69bfc-4074-4737-a682-d5a7a0785e62
  4. Would like to increase the memory on gateway desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. desktop windows manager steadily increasing RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop windows manager steadily increasing RAM usage: When I boot up my computer DWM will be at around 50-60 mb even with multiple windows open. It steadily increases the entire time I use the computer, the only thing that will get it to go back down is resetting my pc. I've rolled back my graphics card drivers, I've updated my...
  6. desktop windows manager steadily increasing RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop windows manager steadily increasing RAM usage: When I boot up my computer DWM will be at around 50-60 mb even with multiple windows open. It steadily increases the entire time I use the computer, the only thing that will get it to go back down is resetting my pc. I've rolled back my graphics card drivers, I've updated my...
  7. desktop windows manager steadily increasing RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage

Desktop Window Manager - High Memory Usage: Memory usage of Desktop Window Manager increases over time, irrespective of the task. It consumes memory as high as 7GB.I have tried a lot of solutions nothing works. It would be great if someone could provide a working solution for that.Thanks...
  9. Desktop Window Manager eating memory

Desktop Window Manager eating memory: I have a longstanding problem with Desktop Window Manager on a Lenovo laptop. It takes up more and more of my memory over time. I had this problem over a month ago, and the only thing that worked was rolling back my Intel UHD Graphics driver. That time it got to 2 GB an hour....
  10. Refreshing Windows 10 Desktop making Memory (RAM) Increase

Refreshing Windows 10 Desktop making Memory (RAM) Increase: Hi, Everytime I hit F5 or Right Click Refresh Desktop my Windows Explorer (File Explorer, explorer.exe) causing Ram Memory Increase I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 everything is up to date, I have no virus and I also created a new fresh account to test it out...