Windows 10: Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

Discus and support Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART. Works fine after doing a shutdown, but RESTART still has Internet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamDitz, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART. Works fine after doing a shutdown, but RESTART still has Internet
    connection delay. I have updated the Lan driver from ASUS my motherboard Mfg. I have restarted in SAFE MODE with Network, and it

fails the same way. Not sure what changed to cause this error. It worked perfectly for over a year.

My internet connection is via Xfinity Gateway in Bridge mode to Netgear Nighthawk X4s R7800 Router.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bill

System Specs
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) 300 Series Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Desktop Processor
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11GB GDDR5X Graphics card
    G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
    Intel SSD 600p Series (1.0TB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe
    WD Black 1TB Performance HD
    WD Blue 4TB Hard Drive
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit/64-bit
    Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case
    Alienware - AW2518H 25" LED FHD GSync Monitor
    MasterLiquid 120 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler
    EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80+ GOLD, 750W PS
    LITE-ON DVD Burner Black SATA
    ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA

:)

WilliamDitz, Jan 15, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Jan 15, 2019
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

1. Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART - Similar Threads - Desktop Internet connection

2. PC Randomly Restarts When Connected To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Restarts When Connected To Internet: My PC will restart itself within 3 minutes when I am connected to internet via either Ethernet or WI-FI. My PC won’t restart when I am not connected to internet. I have already reinstalled all the drivers and network drivers still persists. I have also tried a fresh install...
  3. PC Randomly Restarts When Connected To Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarts When Connected To Internet: My PC will restart itself within 3 minutes when I am connected to internet via either Ethernet or WI-FI. My PC won’t restart when I am not connected to internet. I have already reinstalled all the drivers and network drivers still persists. I have also tried a fresh install...
  4. Windows 10 Restart Delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restart Delay: So i Got my new laptop this June. After i got my first Windows Update. My laptop takes like 5-10 Minutes to restart. it boots up normally in about 10 Seconds. Can u tell me why?My laptop is Acer Aspire 5 i5 11th Generation...
  5. Windows restarting when connected to the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows restarting when connected to the internet: Hello! I recently accidentally downloaded a file that had virus in it and it got into my computer. I have tried deleting the files and my McAfee quarantines the files that pose a threat. Whenever i connect to the internet....in 5 to 10 mins max, my pc displays that laptop...
  6. Internet is delayed when connecting on boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is delayed when connecting on boot: Seemingly this starting happening randomly a few days ago around the time of the last windows update I downloaded, I'm not sure if that was the cause or not but I system restored back before and the issue is still occuring. Whenever I startup it takes my pc up to a minute...
  7. Internet will only connect after a restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet will only connect after a restart: For the last few days I have a strange problem. Whenever I boot the computer it will not connect to the internet no matter how long I wait for it. But when I restart the computer the internet connection is just fine. So it is not a massive problem since it is easily resolved...
  8. Windows 10 restarts automatically when internet connects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts automatically when internet connects: Dear microsoft friends, Recent returnee to Windows after 16 years of Apple. Thought it was time to try out the competition. Was more or less happy for a week, though 3 days ago my Lenovo 330s decided it was fun to start announcing it would restart every few minutes with one...
  9. Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop / Explorer delay after restarts: For some time now it's been taking > 30 seconds before Desktop or Explorer reacts. The desktop displays, and startup apps run, but tring to open an app or Windows Explorer, or interacting with the desktop is taking a strangely longer time than before. Is this part of new...
  10. Services delay (event 7011) at restart only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Services delay (event 7011) at restart only: I have a problem with fast restarting my computer (Dell M4800 with Win 10 64-bit Pro TH2) - I've marked "restarting" as this never happens when booting after power off. When "cold" booting, the startup is fast and accurate. However when restarting, the OS closes quickly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 hang dell 5510 bad pool caller

2. internet connection delay after reboot