Windows 10: Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

Discus and support Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AryamannRao, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650For the past few months I have been facing some problems while playing a 3D game called SpaceEngine on my computer. The game lags severely and the FPS drops to as low as 6. To pinpoint the issue I opened up Task Manager and found something weird.In the rare instance that the game does NOT lag which does happen sometimes, the Task Manager showed the following stats,The GPU usage of the game was around 80-83% and the Desktop Windows Manage

:)

AryamannRao, Oct 17, 2021

2. Desktop Window Manager causes major lag

So I installed Visual Studio Code and launched it. In a while my PC became unresponsive due to some kind of high CPU and RAM usage. After several minutes of lag I finally uninstalled it and things became better a little. After restart I noticed that some
    kind of lag is still present: my mouse flickers and everything runs poorly, like if I have 100% CPU usage. I've checked Task Manager and see that CPU consumption is only at 30%, which can't be that cause of lag. But anyway normal consumption with ONLY opened
    Task Manager is around 3-5%. I've checked Processes tab and I noticed that Task Manager and Desktop Window Manager processes are using in total 27% of CPU. After some investigation I noticed that ANY active window (like explorer, Chrome, Telegram) would use
    around 10-12% of CPU, while Desktop Window Manager still uses 13-15% of CPU. It seems like something went wrong with drawing process in Windows Desktop Manager during installing of Visual Studio Code and it causes some high load on OS which causes interface
    to lag. To clarify, my PC is virus-free. CPU: Intel i5-3570k, RAM: 16Gb DDR3, Automatic Updates are "On". So, my question is: How to fix any present issues with Desktop Windows Manager or roll it back, to state when it was working correctly. And what did Visual
    Studio Code did to it ?

Kirill Avramenko, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Kay Es Win User

Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

1. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag - Similar Threads - Desktop Manager causes

2. Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Windows Manager causes severe game lag: I have a Dell Inspiron 7501 with the following specifications:OS: Windows 10 Processor: intel core i7-10750 Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650For the past few months I have been facing some problems while playing a 3D game called SpaceEngine on my computer....
  3. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop window manager causing crash: HiMy computer has been crashing lately. Going into reliability history I discovered the critical events were listed as the desktop windows manager, which stopped working at least five times crashing the computer and forcing me to turn it off and on again, losing my documents,...
  4. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop window manager causing crash: HiMy computer has been crashing lately. Going into reliability history I discovered the critical events were listed as the desktop windows manager, which stopped working at least five times crashing the computer and forcing me to turn it off and on again, losing my documents,...
  5. desktop window manager causing crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  7. Desktop Window Manager causing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Window Manager causing problem: I am facing a problem related to desktop window manager or dwm.exe as it is occupying more than normal amount of ram. At times it occupies more than 500 mb ram. I have installed all the latest drivers available. I am currently using windows 10 version 20h2. Please suggest...
  8. Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mouse causes sever lag in games: PC Specs CPU: *AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Storage: *Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: *Samsung 860 Evo 1...
  9. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  10. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming: I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron i5 7300hq loading apps slow