Windows 10: Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had a problem with Desktop Windows Manager for 2 months with Windows 10 2004. It consume too much RAM like those picture bellow. I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hòa Lê, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Hòa Lê Win User

Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10

I've had a problem with Desktop Windows Manager for 2 months with Windows 10 2004. It consume too much RAM like those picture bellow.

I try to reinstall lastest Windows 10 20H2, but It still doesn't work. Is there anyone have the same problem with me or having any solotion? Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10 0e8d5b82-e731-4816-b188-d418b154aebf?upload=true.jpg

Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10 ea598aac-2544-4cd2-aa68-9d8c4cf1c231?upload=true.png

:)

Hòa Lê, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10

Thats awesome! I wonder just how far we can bend it! for the record the official system requirements for the tech preview are as follows.

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Free hard disk space: 16 GB

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

• A Microsoft account and Internet access
    which are the same for windows 8 operating systems.

Solaris17, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop Windows Manager Consume too much RAM in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop Manager Consume

2. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  3. "Start" process consuming too much RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Start" process consuming too much RAM: Lately some of my apps started to crash because of insufficient memory. When I checked the task manager, I saw that the "Start" process was eating about 4GB's of RAM. I killed the process and it did go back to normal. But it happens every once in a while with seemingly no...
  4. GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much

GameDVR and Broadcast Consume RAM too much: I found that GameDVR and Broadcast user services with the name svchost.exe Service Host: GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_987b0 eats up a lot of the remaining RAM. It will even take up more than 6GB of RAM when I run a game or even Idle. I have even turned off the "Record...
  5. Windows 10 22H2 x64 Windows Desktop Manager consuming too much memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 x64 Windows Desktop Manager consuming too much memory.: Hi there! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 Updated to the latest December 13, 2022—KB5021233 Cumulative update and I'm experiencing serious memory leaks with dwm.exe. Immediately after start, memory use of dwm.exe seems normal around 50 - 60 MiBs but as the time passes it goes up to...
  6. Windows 10 22H2 x64 Windows Desktop Manager consuming too much memory.

Windows 10 22H2 x64 Windows Desktop Manager consuming too much memory.: Hi there! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 Updated to the latest December 13, 2022—KB5021233 Cumulative update and I'm experiencing serious memory leaks with dwm.exe. Immediately after start, memory use of dwm.exe seems normal around 50 - 60 MiBs but as the time passes it goes up to...
  7. Windows 10 22H2 x64 Windows Desktop Manager consuming too much memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Some processes are consuming too much ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  9. Some processes are consuming too much ram

Some processes are consuming too much ram: Hi there! I am on the latest version of windows 11 and I am facing this issue recently. When I boot up, the ram consumed is most by Desktop windows manager now this process has been consuming ram lately never saw it in first place utilizing so much of ram - about 200mb,...
  10. desktop window manager taking too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desktop window manager taking too much RAM: my dwm is taking 2 gb of my ram and it keeps going up gpu: intel uhd 620 graphics cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-too-much-ram/fe41382c-5ed3-4f58-8274-6b1b020330e0