Windows 10: Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all! I hope you will find a solution to my problem as usual :-) First, my config: Asus UX310UQ Windows 10 (1809) Version 17763.253 For a long time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michaellaine, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10

Hi all!
    I hope you will find a solution to my problem as usual Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10 :)

First, my config:
    Asus UX310UQ
    Windows 10 (1809)
    Version 17763.253

For a long time now (even before upgrading to 1809), it is impossible for me to simply turn my laptop on and start working.

I can enter my password then it freezes.
    The only way to continue it to stop "Desktop Windows Manager" in the task manager...
    Then all continues smoothly.

Do you have an idea?
    It is really annoying to have to stop this task every time I restart my laptop...

Thanks in advance!

Michaël

:)

michaellaine, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Ignite 2017 – Windows 10 Deployment And Management Sessions

Source: Ignite 2017 - Windows 10 Deployment And Management Sessions Microsoft Australia OEM Team

Brink, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10

1. Desktop windows manager prevents from opening a session on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop manager prevents

2. How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.: This is a long time problem. Anytime you open a window of the same program, it puts it cascading in front of the previous window.Here is Explorer. I open one window, then another and one more. And it opens each with a cascade.This also happens in edge and any window that is...
  3. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  4. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  5. The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port.: I see "The Desktop Window Manager has registered the session port." in event viewer. What does this even mean??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-desktop-window-manager-has-registered-the/faf4123c-a0a3-4014-a223-36c457508931
  6. Program Manager preventing Windows 10 from shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Manager preventing Windows 10 from shutting down: Hi all. I have search wide and far to resolve this problem but unfortunately I haven't been able to solve this issue. When I go to shut down my pc Windows 10 informs me that Windows cannot shut down due to Program Manager preventing it from doing so. This problem started a...
  7. Desktop Window Manager Session Manger Properties is not on the list

Desktop Window Manager Session Manger Properties is not on the list: Hie, Today I realised that it was taking longer to load webpages on my Dell Optiplex 745 Desktop computer and I started to investigate . I found out that the windows desktop managers session missing...
  8. Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading: Hello all, I ran into an issue I haven't been able to fix. I ran an update to Windows last night and when I came back in the morning, my PC was unusable. I'm not very tech savvy, but the loop I'm experiencing is this: On startup, I get a black screen with a white cursor....
  9. Prevent Device Manager from opening when a desktop icon is clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Device Manager from opening when a desktop icon is clicked: A friend overseas has asked me to help with this, but I have found nothing relevant in Google - since it is NOT on MY computer, there will be delay before I can report the results of any tried remedies. It's in 64xWin10Prov1903. 153951
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...