Windows 10: Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

Discus and support Desktop Windows Manager stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is this & what does it do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SavEm12, Oct 20, 2018.

1. SavEm12 Win User

Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

What is this & what does it do?

:)

SavEm12, Oct 20, 2018

2. desktop windows manager stopped working,win 10

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

As you are facing issues with the power management I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Method 2: Change Power settings on the system.

Follow the steps below:

Check if allow this device to wake the computer is checked in Device Manager.

1. Click Start, type Device manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.

2. Select keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and select ‘Properties’.

3. Select the ‘Power management’ tab.

4. Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box.

5. Repeat these steps for Mouse and Network adapters as well.

Hope this information is helpful regarding the power management. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 made my desktop stop working

Hi Desmond,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issues regarding your computer desktop. Let me help you resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

1. Desktop Windows Manager stopped working - Similar Threads - Desktop Manager stopped

2. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  3. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  4. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  6. Windows desktop manager has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop manager has stopped working: Hello, I keep getting an error where it says windows desktop manager has stopped working and my whole pc freezes and I have to restart my pc. This only happens when playing rocket league and it's random. I'm confident it isn't rocket league itself as I've reinstalled it...
  7. Windows Driver Foundation and Windows Desktop Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Driver Foundation and Windows Desktop Manager stopped working: I upgraded to Windows 11 a month back and installed all the updates that are available right now. However after the update my system has become very much unstable. Calendar does not popup on clicking the date in the taskbar. I have to repeatedly click several times. Not only...
  8. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop windows manager stopped working: I always get the same error then the pc force a restart, and sometimes after i switch on the pc from sleep, every thing is black except for the taskbar.its DWM stopped working followed by the hardware errors.its been going on for a while and not sure how to fix it.help is...
  9. Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Stopped working.: When i was playing one of my game minecraft all of the sudden my video would stop and my fans would rev up and id be forced to hard restart my PC.When i checked reliability history i found loads of critical events saying Desktop Window Manager Stopped working with these...
  10. Screen blinks as the Desktop Window Manager stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blinks as the Desktop Window Manager stops working: 3 or 4 times a day, or at least when I'm working on my Lenovo Edge 2-1580, the screen will blink off and back on. According to the Reliability Monitor the Desktop Window Manager stops working when this occurs. Usually happens 2 times in a row. The issue had been occurring, so...