Windows 10: Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

Discus and support Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichalRama, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications here, it doesn't make it at all.When turned on, it takes about half a minute for the login screen to appear. And even after logging in, it takes another half minute for Windows to load completely, even though no third-party application starts at startup. When browsing Windows settings, it occasionally freezes for about 10 seconds. And even shut down takes a long time. The computer has quite powerful components, so the slowest link is definitel

:)

MichalRama, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

1. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow. - Similar Threads - Desktop HDD upgrading

2. Very slow access to USB HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very slow access to USB HDD: I have a rather young 4 TB USB HDD. Some time ago I formatted it in Ext4 and used it in a Linux system. Now I will use it in Windows. I formatted it in NTFS (Quick Format) and copied 2 TB data to it. Up to here everything was ok. I connected this USB3 capable HDD to a USB2...
  3. Windows 2004 - 19041.329: HDD very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 2004 - 19041.329: HDD very slow: After installing the latest update on top of 2004, the disk is taskmgr shows 100% utilization all the time, even when total activity is below 1 MB/s. Overall machine performance is very slow as well...
  4. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very high avg. response time which bogs the whole system down, even though the windows is instaled on an ssd. After a restart...
  5. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades: In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update, seemed to improve, now as bad as ever. Advice please...
  6. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  7. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...
  8. RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi, After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow. Everything else is perfect (surfing the web, downloading etc.). Only the RDP connections have lots of delay (almost a second when typing). I've checked the...
  9. Copying to external Hdd very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copying to external Hdd very slow: Hi all, I have a I5 desktop 8gb memory, with a 256 ssd startup-disk (C:\) and an internal Hdd 2Tb (D:\) where all my files are stored. The windows-version is 10 pro. Now i have an external Hdd 3Tb connected via USB3 to my pc. I 'd like to make a 1on1 copy of all my...
  10. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...