Windows 10: Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording

Discus and support Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have connected my headphone to the front panel in the desktop. I can hear sound well but the microphone does not work. I have checked that drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShiazVirjee, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording

I have connected my headphone to the front panel in the desktop.

I can hear sound well but the microphone does not work.

I have checked that drivers are updated.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Thanks.

:)

ShiazVirjee, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording

Headphones are showing in as mic in recording devices.?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would suggest you to set headphones as default device and check, if it works.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on headphones and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the headphones and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.
    Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording

1. Desktop with WIndows 10 - Headphone not recording - Similar Threads - Desktop Headphone recording

2. Headphone micro recording via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone micro recording via Bluetooth: Hi everyone,I connected my headphone Lenovo Thinkplus TH40 to my computer via Bluetooth USB 5.0 TP-Link UB 500. Because I don't want too many cables on my desk, I usually used to have meeting via Microsoft Teams The sound quality is excellent, but the microphone sometimes...
  3. Headphone micro recording via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone micro recording via Bluetooth: Hi everyone,I connected my headphone Lenovo Thinkplus TH40 to my computer via Bluetooth USB 5.0 TP-Link UB 500. Because I don't want too many cables on my desk, I usually used to have meeting via Microsoft Teams The sound quality is excellent, but the microphone sometimes...
  4. Headphone micro recording via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops: I am doing some research into asset management best practices for windows-based laptops and desktops. Most best practice guides suggest storing the physical location e.g. which office of all devices wherever possible, which is clearly more practical with desktops than...
  6. benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops: I am doing some research into asset management best practices for windows-based laptops and desktops. Most best practice guides suggest detailing the physical location wherever possible, which is clearly more practical with desktops than laptops. But I was trying to...
  7. recording my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    recording my desktop: how do I record something that is going on on my desktop/screen? In this particular case, I want to record the slow pace that my virus scan is going at. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-my-desktop/38cd3fbd-570f-4962-bba3-a82aa656b213
  8. Windows 10 laptop desktop RecoRd button thingy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 laptop desktop RecoRd button thingy: FoR whateveR Reason, wheneveR i pRess my "R" key on my keyboaRd, i get a popup that says, "RecoRding in... 3..2..1" and then it goes away. this pRevents me fRom using the R key foR anything else, and as you can see I cannot use the loweRcase R. Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Can't hear my PC audio via headphone while recording my Desktop using screen recording apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear my PC audio via headphone while recording my Desktop using screen recording apps...: Can't hear my PC audio via headphone while recording my Desktop using screen recording apps such as camtasia and geforce in-game overlay. It was working fine. I could hear game sounds when recording, however when I reformat my PC last monday, It not working anymore?...
  10. Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer: Hi I made a video recording and after I had finished recording I realised the USB for my wireless headphones, which were turned off, was inside the computer. The result is that the recording now has NO sound! It is an urgent recording and I was wondering if by some...