Windows 10: Desktop without apps show only the background?

Discus and support Desktop without apps show only the background? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Question is above ^Reason is I want to take a picture of my setup and the files are annoying like on the picture I use Windows 10 [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by KiwiPuffiHD, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Desktop without apps show only the background?

Question is above ^Reason is I want to take a picture of my setup and the files are annoying like on the picture I use Windows 10

Desktop without apps show only the background? 0_big.png

:)

KiwiPuffiHD, Jul 9, 2020

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jul 9, 2020
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Desktop without apps show only the background?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Desktop without apps show only the background?

1. Desktop without apps show only the background? - Similar Threads - Desktop without apps

2. windows 10 desktop background slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 desktop background slide show: Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a collage of my photo's just like the lock screen does. I've done a lot of searching for this and none of the info I've found seems...
  3. desktop background

desktop background: How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/b4ad2c56-14e3-4004-bcb4-b780fc75c0bd
  4. Desktop background

Desktop background: sir, I want to set an animated background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  5. My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change

My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change: I cannot change my background and my display show only black background only icons are show in personalize>background "some setting are hidden or managed by your organisation " <this messege show when I am trying to change my background....
  6. Desktop Background

Desktop Background: Hi Microsoft Team, I'm Vansh, a very frequent customer and faithful one too of yours. But I'm facing a problem now. I've tried each and every size of image on my desktop background but it still becomes blurry, no matter it is equal to the resolution of screen (resolution/size...
  7. Desktop background

Desktop background: Why has microsoft changed the background on my desktop without my permission. I no longer have a copy of the photo I used so I cannot change it back....
  8. Desktop background

Desktop background: *Sick How do I change the desktop background slideshow ? Or where is the theme pictures settings located ? On windows 7 they were on the same page, not so in win 10, they seem to be hidden.. Thanks for any help. *chuckle 14727
  9. desktop background

desktop background: Hi all,,,,,I have a bing desktop background photo that changes everyday and there is one or two that I would like to keep but, where can I find them? I have looked all over so I hope you can help please. Len 36683
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...