Windows 10: Desktop without apps show only the background?

Discus and support Desktop without apps show only the background? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Question is above ^Reason is I want to take a picture of my setup and the files are annoying like on the picture I use Windows 10 [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by KiwiPuffiHD, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Desktop without apps show only the background?

Question is above ^Reason is I want to take a picture of my setup and the files are annoying like on the picture I use Windows 10

Desktop without apps show only the background? 0_big.png

:)

KiwiPuffiHD, Jul 9, 2020

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jul 9, 2020
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Desktop without apps show only the background?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Desktop without apps show only the background?

1. Desktop without apps show only the background? - Similar Threads - Desktop without apps

2. My Desktop Background isnt showing ......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop Background isnt showing ......: Hello Dear IT Supporters Around The World !!!!I was moving from desktop to another in windows 11 as usual , but when i was moving i made my hand to move up and saw my desktop preview not as usual , it doesnt show my desktop background anymore , i dont know why ,,,,, here is...
  3. My Desktop Background isnt showing ......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Desktop Background isnt showing ......: Hello Dear IT Supporters Around The World !!!!I was moving from desktop to another in windows 11 as usual , but when i was moving i made my hand to move up and saw my desktop preview not as usual , it doesnt show my desktop background anymore , i dont know why ,,,,, here is...
  4. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  5. APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE

APP OPENS ONLY AS A BACKGROUND PROCESS AND DOESN'T SHOW ANY INTERFACE: Issue Description:The Anghami app does not open properly on my PC.When attempting to launch the app, it remains as a background process and does not display the user interface.The only way I can temporarily resolve this issue is by restarting my laptop with the Wi-Fi turned...
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  7. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  8. Background Slide Show only partially showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Slide Show only partially showing: Hi! I have just recently been trying to create a slide show for my desktop background, but only some of the photos will show, and before the certain photos that won't show wont respond to any action with the 'next desktop background' or 'personalize'. After waiting a while...
  9. Desktop background changing without my authorization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop background changing without my authorization?: I’m running a virus scan but haven’t found anything. The other day it happened and changed to the main windows theme. Figured it was just a fluke and changed it back. This morning I turned it on and the image was switched to a Star Wars background. As well, my task bar is...
  10. My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change

in Windows 10 Customization
    My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change: I cannot change my background and my display show only black background only icons are show in personalize>background "some setting are hidden or managed by your organisation " <this messege show when I am trying to change my background....