Windows 10: Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago

Discus and support Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I used to be able to have my Desktop go to sleep. Now it won't. From various suggestions on Google, I've gone into Power Options and attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FredricJLowe, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago

I used to be able to have my Desktop go to sleep. Now it won't. From various suggestions on Google, I've gone into Power Options and attempted to change some of the settings but it still will not enter sleep mode.

I hope you can assist.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Version 1903
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8125 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 449 GB (176 GB Free); D: 14 GB (3 GB Free); F: 931 GB (349 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0TP406
    Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Enabled and Updated

:)

FredricJLowe, Nov 15, 2019
  2. tabuf Win User

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Nov 15, 2019
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago

1. Desktop won't go to sleep anymore. Just started about 3 weeks ago - Similar Threads - Desktop won't sleep

2. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  3. PC won't sleep anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't sleep anymore.: Last year, I ironically had a problem where my PC would wake up from sleep when it shouldn't. It was eventually solved. PC keeps waking up. Now, I am having the opposite problem. I have the same settings I've always had, which is display should turn off after 20 minutes, and...
  4. Windows stuttering when using windows. Started about 3 weeks ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuttering when using windows. Started about 3 weeks ago: I did a rollback when it first started to try and fix the issue, had to go to a recovery point in the end and this fixed it. But now its back :...
  5. Daily BSODs; started about a week ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSODs; started about a week ago: Hi, I started having daily (sometimes multiple times daily) BSODs that started about a week ago. It seems like the stop codes for these are different every time. Here are some that I have captured: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  6. My Desktop won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Desktop won't go to sleep: Hey all, I am having an issue where my desktop won't go to sleep if I got start menu -> Power -> and click sleep. The screens turn off for like 3 seconds and then they come back on because the desktop tower never goes to sleep. Not sure what happened as this wasn't...
  7. Won't go to sleep?

Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  8. Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep

Desktop PC Won't Go To Sleep: Hi guys, I am having an issue where for some reason when I put my desktop to sleep, the monitor turns off but the all fans and RGB lighting still runs. I have looked up possible issues for a PC not going to sleep for various reasons and changed a few settings in the...
  9. Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago

Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago: I have been working on a computer that has been experiencing random freezing/BSOD anywhere from once a week to 5+ in one day. It's a Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and was running fine up until somewhere around the second week of May. No USB devices/any other...
  10. BSOD started to appear since a week ago.

BSOD started to appear since a week ago.: Hi. I'm using Macbook Pro 2018 15"i7-8750H, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Radeon Pro 560x. Suddenly I've been getting this BSOD since a week ago. Here's dump: ********************************************************************************...