Windows 10: Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor.

Discus and support Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2004 the night prior to this post. Just now, I've observed an odd behavior. My computer boots up normally. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mack Hale, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Mack Hale Win User

Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor.

I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2004 the night prior to this post. Just now, I've observed an odd behavior.

My computer boots up normally. I am brought to the lock screen to enter my pin. Upon key-in of my pin, I would be log-in to a black screen. This black screen would remain for minutes before my desktop would load.

During the blackscreen, I still see my mouse cursor. I can still move it.

I inserted a USB which prompted a window to open. I can interact with the window while my desktop remains as black screen. Also I can open applications by opening a file.

Once my desktop loads, everything is normal. But when I restart my computer, the same thing happens. I've done this five times now. Desktop loads between 5 - 7 minutes from logging-in.

Any fix?

Thank you in Advance.

:)

Mack Hale, Jun 19, 2020

2. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor. [​IMG]

Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor. [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Jun 19, 2020
  3. drreflex Win User
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor.

Black screen while loading Windows 10 with no cursor

Hi,

The issue started 2 weeks ago, i didn;t change any hardware, i can;t log in to the computer, after Windows logo shows up, when Windows is loading suddenly the screen becomes black and i don;t see cursor or anything else.

Banialczele, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor.

1. Desktop won't load after log-in, only shows black screen with mouse cursor. - Similar Threads - Desktop won't load

2. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  3. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  4. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  6. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  7. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  8. PC or windows won't load; a black screen with only my cursor, when logged in the second...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC or windows won't load; a black screen with only my cursor, when logged in the second...: This is the whole story that happened today: I turned on the PC, after I got home from helping my family, I was playing some Minecraft with my friends for an hour, then shut it down. When I remember I had to do some Google docs stuff, I turned it back on, when logging in the...
  9. black screen with cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor after logging in: Hi. I just had this annoying black screen after I just logged in to my laptop. It is a black screen with a cursor. Pressing ESC, Windows key, ctrl+alt+delete or windows key+R then typing explorer.exe don't do anything good, still a black screen so it forces me to press the...
  10. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....