Windows 10: Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

Discus and support Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; TL;DR: I used a usb to boot into Tails OS and now windows freezes whenever i log into my pc. I ran tails os my computer with a usb stick and now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Petergriffinfamilyguy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

TL;DR: I used a usb to boot into Tails OS and now windows freezes whenever i log into my pc.

I ran tails os my computer with a usb stick and now i cant use my computer regulary. I turnt off safe boot on my pc's bios menu in order to boot into Tails and it booted up just fine. But now, whenever I try to log onto my regular Windows account, my desktop doesnt load in at all; or it loads the background, some of the desktop icons, and some of the taskbar(clock, logo button, and somthing with 3 rectangle) and freezes whenever I do anything. In both instances I cannot bring up the task mannager using any method(CtrlAltDel, Win+T, etc) click, or ctrl+alt+del to do anything useful. Im 99% sure there wasnt any viruses on my usb or the .img file; i formated the usb twice and downloaded the Tails image from their official Torrent flie. I can log in using safe mode and navigate around and stuff just fine. What can i do to fix this issue? And if i need to reinstall Windows, what files would need to backup because I wont be able to restore using Revcura or somthing like that?

Also, I have a ASUS motherboard, and an AMD cpu, there where no other problems with my pc(viruses, bad hdd, etc) before this.

Oh, and i used rufus to flash Tails onto the usb stick if that means anything.

:)

Petergriffinfamilyguy, Apr 11, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix [​IMG]

zbook, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

1. Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix - Similar Threads - Desktop Won't Load

2. Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop: I recently could Not "Save to Desktop" No Permission and stumbled upon -- Giving "Everyone" MODIFY rights Rt Clk This PC - Desktop/Properties/Security/Edit as a Fix. In another Forum [ I haven't gotten an answer from ] an "expert" suggested THIS is a Big Security Issue & that...
  3. Desktop not loading. Can't install updates,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop not loading. Can't install updates,: I have an issue with Windows 10 and I have no idea how to fix it and I need some suggestions. I am wondering if it might be related to Eset.ANyway, the issue happens at random, but the one way I can seemingly reproduce it is when I do a windows update, but it happens outside...
  4. Can't find my Desktop Background Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find my Desktop Background Image: I have an image that I put on my desktop, but I can't find it on my hard drive. Is there a way to search for it, or tell where the desktop application is looking to find it?...
  5. Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CommanderZanderTGS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixmer0/desktop_text_is_black_and_thumbnails_of_files/
  6. Desktop and Programs won't load

Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  7. Windows 10 won't load - tried to fix bcd

Windows 10 won't load - tried to fix bcd: Hi all; When booting laptop can't find OS. Did bcdboot c:\windows /s c: - successful did bootrec / fixmbr - successful did bootrec /fixboot - data error (cyclic redundancy check) ran a chkdsk /offlinescanandfix - no errors I can get to a dos prompt via the...
  8. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...
  9. Alot of bugs, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Alot of bugs, can't find a fix: Hello, I have a problem: Nothing opens when I press the items at the little icons near the clock at the taskbar. Also, all the programs that I pinned to the taskbar have a problem: I can't right click on them. I also found out that when I right-click the desktop to open...
  10. bootmgr error, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr error, can't find a fix: Hi, I recently got a new motherboard, processor, SSD, and memory for my old, homebuilt desktop. I'm running Windows 10 which I downloaded as the free upgrade last year. I cloned the OS to my new SSD using EaseUS Todo 10.0. I've activated the new partition and upgraded my...