Windows 10: Desktop Won't Lock

Discus and support Desktop Won't Lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under Settings/Sign-in options, I've set the "Require sign-in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep". Under Settings/Power & sleep, I've set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmosley, Jan 6, 2021.

1. gmosley Win User

Desktop Won't Lock

Under Settings/Sign-in options, I've set the "Require sign-in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep".
    Under Settings/Power & sleep, I've set the "Sleep" option to 30 minutes.
    After 30 minutes, it seems to go to sleep as expected, but when I use mouse movement to wake it, the pre-sleep screen hasn't changed. For security purposes, I'm trying to get things to lock up when I've been away for from the machine for a while.
    Have I missed something?

Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

:)

gmosley, Jan 6, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 6, 2021
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Desktop Won't Lock

Locking/pinning Windows 10 desktop icons in place

I do the check in the view under Show Desktop Icons and the icon won"t stay put. It disappears when I close the lid for a day. there is no place where it says Lock the icons.

MichaelClark1, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Won't Lock

1. Desktop Won't Lock - Similar Threads - Desktop Won't Lock

2. my lock view won't lock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lock view won't lock.: my lock view won't lock. screen slides all over the place. I reinstalled = nada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-view-wont-lock/893471a9-60c6-4a9c-9919-8877229d78b6
  3. my lock view won't lock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my lock view won't lock.: my lock view won't lock. screen slides all over the place. I reinstalled = nada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-view-wont-lock/893471a9-60c6-4a9c-9919-8877229d78b6
  4. Locking the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking the desktop: In Windows 10, is there a way to lock the positions of the icons on the desktop? It seems that certain small changes can scatter them all over, seemingly at random. It's a bother to manually reposition them all. I've made it a little easier to recover by taking a screen...
  5. Locked out of desktop

Locked out of desktop: Have been completely lock out of my desktop for no reason tried every thing given me but cannot get in I can sign into my Microsoft account on my iPad ok have tried hard close down its starts in repair mode but it still asking for my password to continue and it will not...
  6. Lock files in desktop

Lock files in desktop: Respected Sir, When I save any type of file, folders, JPEG, MP4 files. I watched the locked symbol appear on it. and when I copied these files and want to open in another computer they can't open. How to solve this problem. Thanking You yours sincerely Alok Kumar...
  7. locked desktop

locked desktop: I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the...
  8. Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place

Desktop Icons Won't Lock in Place: Why won't my desktop icons stay locked in place? They scramble when I restart my computer and I cannot find what I am looking for so I have to re-organize the Icons almost daily. I have followed Help tips for this issue by Microsoft and still doesn't fix problem. Thank...
  9. Desktop locks instantly

Desktop locks instantly: I had a Windows 10 yesterday. Since then the computer locks if the mouse or keyboard is not used for more than 30 seconds. The computer can be unlocked in the normal manner with pin number. I have tried all the settings, un-installed the upgrade and run a full virus scan, all...
  10. Locked out of desktop

Locked out of desktop: I have locked myself out and tried numerous time to reset and can't figure out how to get logged on my desktop. No matter what emIl I get it does not accept the passcodes I get. How can I get ligged on and take the password off the computer....