Windows 10: Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in

Discus and support Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried searching this issue but couldn't find any solutions. For some reason my desktop won't wake up from hibernation unless all the USB devices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevveee, May 25, 2016.

1. Stevveee Win User

Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in

I tried searching this issue but couldn't find any solutions. For some reason my desktop won't wake up from hibernation unless all the USB devices are unplugged. Never had this problem before Windows 10. Any suggestions?

:)

Stevveee, May 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Original title: Windows doesn't wake from sleep

I'm running Win 10 Pro x64 v10586 on my desktop. In the last week, my PC will not wake from sleep mode using the keyboard and mouse. Both are plugged into usb 2 ports and the bios is set for legacy support. The keyboard will operate without special drivers
    and the keyboard settings are to allow the device to wake the PC.

Power options put the PC to sleep in 30 minutes. Allow hybrid sleep is set to On. Hibernate is set to never.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

edit:

the event log shows an error when the PC is rebooted (to get it out of sleep):

windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000221

Michael Gerbasio, May 25, 2016
  3. PV Coach Win User
    Hibernate issue

After upgrading to Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 17" laptop, it hangs every time it wakes up from hibernation. Something is wrong now as it never used to do this. It will hibernate fine, and it will wake up from hibernation - but won't give me the login
    screeen. It hangs and I have to hold down the power button to hard-crash it and reboot.

Another Microsoft Mess.

PV Coach, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in

1. Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in - Similar Threads - Desktop won't wake

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  4. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  5. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  7. Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in: Waking up Windows when USB is plugged in [TL;DR: Can’t wake computer using mouse, keyboard on Wake on Power/AC, tried with Task Scheduler reacting to USB plug-in event, didn’t wake up even though it ran the task] Hello, I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro that I frequently use...
  8. Computer won't wake from hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from hibernation mode: I have a HP spectre computer, and it doesn't wake up from hibernation. I have tried ti use the windows button + x, but nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-wake-from-hibernation-mode/407dbe9f-b137-493f-80f7-7808dad92efd
  9. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289