Windows 10: DESKTOP

Discus and support DESKTOP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW DO I SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop/d800d365-e5ab-4447-815b-3a61d645602e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by travisashbrook jr., Jan 12, 2019 at 1:42 PM.

1. DESKTOP

HOW DO I SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW

:)

travisashbrook jr., Jan 12, 2019 at 1:42 PM

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

4. DESKTOP

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM
Thema:

DESKTOP

1. DESKTOP - Similar Threads - DESKTOP

2. Windows 10 Lost Desktop and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Lost Desktop and Files: Hello, Recently my computer froze so I turned it off holding the power button down and then restarted it. It took awhile to come back on because it said it was fixing Drive C. When it did come on and I typed my password in, it took a long time to open my desktop, saying it...
  3. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop: Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application. I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought...
  4. Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART: Desktop Windows 10 Internet connection delay only when doing a RESTART. Works fine after doing a shutdown, but RESTART still has Internet connection delay. I have updated the Lan driver from ASUS my motherboard Mfg. I have restarted in SAFE MODE with Network, and it fails...
  5. Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365: At the outset of 2019, we all have personal goals, but most of us also have professional goals for the year ahead. For those of us in IT, this is a time to think about how you deliver the modern, empowering workplace for your business in a cloud-connected world. With...
  6. NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V417.71 FOR DESKTOPS TO WINDOWS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA RELEASED NEW GEFORCE DCH & STANDARD WHQL DRIVER V417.71 FOR DESKTOPS TO WINDOWS...: On 15-01-2019 Nvidia company has released the new GeForce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v417.71, for windows 10 64 bit only for Nvidia desktops graphics cards. I would you to recommend install customized certified driver created for your model by your desktop graphics...
  7. cannot sign in onedrive desktop

cannot sign in onedrive desktop: I am running onedrive desktop on two machines (Dell laptop and Surface Pro 4) and a smartphone (iPhone SE). The version of OneDrive on the Dell machine cannot sign in. When I launch the application, the process starts but the sign in cannot be completed. I see multiple...
  8. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...
  9. acer aspire desktop boot failure

acer aspire desktop boot failure: hi i loaded windows 10 pro and since had boot problems worst scenario only black screen, or shows acer logo then stops or goes to load windows then goes to black screen best way to overcome unplug pc leave replug and boot if i manage to boot up and use pc and close down...
  10. WhatsApp Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp Desktop not working: I logged on to WhatsApp desktop this morning to be told it needed upgrading. I clicked the link to the App Store to be told that the app is not available. It's working on my phone. Is anyone else having problems with desktop version today? I am on MAC....