Windows 10: DESKTOP

Discus and support DESKTOP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW DO I SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop/d800d365-e5ab-4447-815b-3a61d645602e Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by travisashbrook jr., Jan 12, 2019.

1. DESKTOP

HOW DO I SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW

:)

travisashbrook jr., Jan 12, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 12, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 12, 2019
  4. DESKTOP

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

DESKTOP

1. DESKTOP - Similar Threads - DESKTOP

2. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  3. Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019: It now takes a very long time for the desktop pc to be scanned for virus by MS Security Essentials. Previouisly, it takes maximum of 4 hours to do full scan. Now it takes about 3 times the time, 13 hours to fully scan. I’ve not downloaded or input any new or additional...
  4. WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 1903 REMOTE DESKTOP FAILS. Works fine in 1809: Hi folks, I need some help/guidance. I have a home network with 8 workstation/PC's and two domain controllers. All but one of the PC's are at 1903 and the DC's are Server 2012 R2. I RDP from my desk into 4 of the PC's which are headless. It has always worked...
  5. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  6. COOL-LOOKING WINDOWS 10 (VER 1903) DESKTOP THAT RESEMBLES A MAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    COOL-LOOKING WINDOWS 10 (VER 1903) DESKTOP THAT RESEMBLES A MAC: This is how I prefer Windows 10 to look on all four of my desktops, and have been using it this way for about 5 years now. I always liked the launcher that comes standard with a Mac (and if you look closely at the left-most icon on the launcher, you'll see the old familiar...
  7. user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...

user error; Win10, desktop changed to black, icons still show on task bar, attemptng to...: mia culpa: in fiddling around the screen background and its apps vanished and I have a black screen with only the most basic icons (power, settings, docs …) I could go through the "reset" procedure but there must be a simpler way to recover the desktop config. Dave...
  8. My Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard stopped working: hi, This has been very very frustrating for me and this is my last and final call for help before I decide to throw this keyboard and buy a another one. I have read every possible article online, updated drivers, uninstalls and install drivers, and my keyboard just stop...
  9. Windows Insiders Build 18936 Desktop Applications

Windows Insiders Build 18936 Desktop Applications: After installing this build the desktop applications look likes I am missing an application after boot. There is a space where an application is blank. I sort by name and then sort by name again. I reboot computer and the same issue. There is a blank application. Any help...
  10. Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop: As you can see by the below image, an unwanted pop up occurs on my desktop occasionally. Does any one else experience this? Where does it come from and how do I stop it? [img] 136590