Windows 10: desktop

Discus and support desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help getting back to my original desktop icons. I had my folders with pictures and icons with resumes, work stuff, documents and short cuts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeniseAlston, Feb 12, 2019.

1. desktop

I need help getting back to my original desktop icons. I had my folders with pictures and icons with resumes, work stuff, documents and short cuts to browers and trash bin etc..... It was switch to different desktop where I have Netflix, games, snapfish, tripadvisor, skype, Microsoft store etc..... The windows don't stay on top when I click on something else. I can't even get browser side by side have to see each thing I click on 1 at a time. I need help

:)

DeniseAlston, Feb 12, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 12, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 12, 2019
  4. desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

desktop

1. desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed.: Update 1809 just installed to my laptop. My entire desktop has changed. It appears to have been reverted to a very old version of my desktop. Where it came from, who knows. Is there a way to restore my desktop back to its appearance before the update?...
  3. problem regarding missing apps from desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem regarding missing apps from desktop screen: I , a user of hp windows . recently,i came up with a difficulty of missing my apps suddenly from desktop screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-regarding-missing-apps-from-desktop-screen/0e2e6504-6467-4207-9094-8ae0f8f8946f
  4. how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to scan to desktop a document and open it.: how to scan to desktop a document and open it. i have windows 10 and a al in one hp envoy printer scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-to-desktop-a-document-and-open-it/04715068-b4ae-4e00-9c37-5edccf6311bd
  5. What is slowing my desktop down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is slowing my desktop down?: I have pretty good specs - Or at least I think I do. I'm barely tech savvy - enough to know how many ghz to look for in a processor for what I need it to do but not much else. After assembling it and an initial month of perfect smooth performance it I'm nearly a year to...
  6. apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...: I found some fixes but nothing worked this happened today using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-are-not-on-start-bar-taskbar-to-desktop-is/6b192c83-f1bd-464e-afe7-2cf048bcfbb1
  7. Desktop background

Desktop background: i can set any picture as my background but only a specific picture can not be set as background. It has no difference with other images. I dont know what is causing this problem.please help me....
  8. Windows 10 Desktop

Windows 10 Desktop: How can I recover my Desktop? I get a message titled "Ubicación no disponible" C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop no está disponible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop/e5a0097a-879d-4a29-8396-d602210e8569
  9. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.: I have a 10 years old laptop that I am not using anymore and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my windows license from it to my new build desktop pc. The laptop that has windows 10 in it, had originally a windows 7 32bit model that came with it preinstalled....
  10. OneDrive spamming my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive spamming my desktop: How to sync file with OneDrive without letting the program moves all of the files to Desktop? My desktop screen is covered every time I turned on the syncing process....