Windows 10: desktop

Discus and support desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help getting back to my original desktop icons. I had my folders with pictures and icons with resumes, work stuff, documents and short cuts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeniseAlston, Feb 12, 2019.

1. desktop

I need help getting back to my original desktop icons. I had my folders with pictures and icons with resumes, work stuff, documents and short cuts to browers and trash bin etc..... It was switch to different desktop where I have Netflix, games, snapfish, tripadvisor, skype, Microsoft store etc..... The windows don't stay on top when I click on something else. I can't even get browser side by side have to see each thing I click on 1 at a time. I need help

:)

DeniseAlston, Feb 12, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 12, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 12, 2019
  4. desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

desktop

1. desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. windows remote desktop error code 0x204

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows remote desktop error code 0x204: I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when at home/on my home wifi. I can successfully connect when I use the same process but on my college campus/on school wifi. Is...
  3. Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names: Hello, I really need help please. My desktop icons instead of displaying their real names on the desktop they display size in KB. Attached is the picture of my desktop for help.[ATTACH]...
  4. Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?: Hello, I have opened up a simple web page that I would like to save a Shortcut (or other Link to) so I can get to it very easily directly from my Desktop. The little icon to the left of the address seems to be a "lock", and I can't drag it anywhere. See: CubicSDR - The...
  5. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd: Hey Everyone, I am currently facing an issue that's frustating me from past few days. I have installed my windows 10 on an m.2 Samsung 860 evo Sata Ssd (250 GB) using Legacy Bios. My problem is that ever since the ssd boots windows it does boot my pc to desktop in about 13...
  6. My HP all in one desktop is frozen on blue screen which wants region and language.I can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My HP all in one desktop is frozen on blue screen which wants region and language.I can't...: My HP all in one Windows 10 is stuck on blue screen asking for region and language. I can't respond as my touch screen, mouse and keyboard do not work. How do I fix this?...
  7. desktop app

desktop app: I need help. What should I do about this it pops up whenever I tried to refresh in my desktop and also in the file manager whenever I click the desktop folder it also pop up this notice. Please tell me what should I do or if I've done something. [ATTACH]...
  8. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...
  9. Virtural desktop

Virtural desktop: How do I turn off virtual desktop in windows 10 pro. It cause me a lot of problem. when playing game and I have to move my arrow by touch pad * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtural-desktop/b87e17e3-f57f-4013-9d83-c0459f9a8fe8
  10. Whenever I attempt to create a new item within file explorer or on the desktop my file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I attempt to create a new item within file explorer or on the desktop my file...: I have had this problem for a few weeks now and have tried many different fixes that have been posted on the internet and have not found a single one that worked. I am not sure if the issue is third party or not and am seeking help....