Windows 10: desktop

Discus and support desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOw do I arrange the desktop icons all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop/de137843-ca7f-4e4f-9d35-da58b20235d5 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonnaWhite4, Apr 14, 2019.

1. desktop

HOw do I arrange the desktop icons all at once?

:)

DonnaWhite4, Apr 14, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 14, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 14, 2019
  4. desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

desktop

1. desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop disconnects after few minutes & will not reconnect: I have been using remote desktop for years without any issues. Several weeks ago after a windows update I cannot use my remote desktop outside my internal network. It works fine in the home & I connect with my ipad using mobile remote desktop. but when Im at work I can...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop Won't Recognize New Monitor But Windows 10 Laptop Will?: I was recently (two weeks ago) gifted a SkyTech Legacy Mini gaming PC. I got an Acer SB220Q bi HD monitor to use with it. I tried the HDMI cable I bought separately on the HDMI port in my laptop, plugged in the monitor, and within seconds, it displayed my laptop's lock...
  4. Can't login to my windows 10 desktop with non local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to my windows 10 desktop with non local account: I've been using a pin for 2 years now to login to my account on windows, which is also the same account that I use for onedrive, if it ever asked for my password I'd click sign in options and use my pin, since I don't remember my password, now it's only asking for my...
  5. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.: This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer. When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu the little pop-up box freezes as well as the desktop or file explorer. The only notable change I have noticed is that I...
  6. Switching over to new desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching over to new desktop: I wish to buy a new all-in-one Lenovo desktop with DOS, and install my SSD with the licenced Windows 10 operating system and MS Office Professional Plus pre-installed in it. The lenovo guy says I can do this by replacing the Optical Drive with the SSD in the same slot. Please...
  7. windows remote desktop error code 0x204

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows remote desktop error code 0x204: I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when at home/on my home wifi. I can successfully connect when I use the same process but on my college campus/on school wifi. Is...
  8. Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons displaying sizes instead on their names: Hello, I really need help please. My desktop icons instead of displaying their real names on the desktop they display size in KB. Attached is the picture of my desktop for help.[ATTACH]...
  9. Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?: Hello, I have opened up a simple web page that I would like to save a Shortcut (or other Link to) so I can get to it very easily directly from my Desktop. The little icon to the left of the address seems to be a "lock", and I can't drag it anywhere. See: CubicSDR - The...
  10. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd: Hey Everyone, I am currently facing an issue that's frustating me from past few days. I have installed my windows 10 on an m.2 Samsung 860 evo Sata Ssd (250 GB) using Legacy Bios. My problem is that ever since the ssd boots windows it does boot my pc to desktop in about 13...