Windows 10: Desktop

Discus and support Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to get back to my old desktop? i don't like the one that is on since they updated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mollybeejam, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Desktop

Is there any way to get back to my old desktop? i don't like the one that is on since they updated.

:)

Mollybeejam, Oct 10, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 10, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Desktop

1. Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop: I just upgraded to Win 10 Pro so I could have remote desktop but I can't seem to connect. On the host computer I set the switch to ON (allowing remote access). I have tried connecting using computer name, IP address but nothing seems to work. I can remote with another app...
  3. Deleting multiple photos from a folder sometimes switches desktop background from "solid...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting multiple photos from a folder sometimes switches desktop background from "solid...: I'm not sure how to replicate this, but it happens frequently yet seemingly randomly. I'm not sure if there is an accidental set of keys I'm pressing when I'm deleting the pictures, but basically, I open the folder, I use the mouse to highlight a bunch of pictures, then I hit...
  4. Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot

Windows 10 desktop icons become huge tiles on boot: Hi folks, Running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, we've recently experienced a strange problem. Normally, icon size is set at SMALL, and this laptop has perhaps 30 or more icons on the desktop. On cold boot (power up) in the morning, for two mornings in a row, we've had the...
  5. Win 10 Desktop shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Desktop shuts down randomly: Hey guys, So a couple months ago my I got a VR headset and when playing games VR games on my computer it would shut off randomly. I figured that my computer was at some points just clipping and restarting. It didn't happen with all VR games and didn't happen all the time....
  6. Removing a file from my desktop

Removing a file from my desktop: a file has shown up on my desktop and it cannot be removed. file:///C:/Users/artte/OneDrive/Desktop/BETTEM~1.PDF Have no idea how it got there and unable to remove it. Any help appreciated...
  7. windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off

windows 10 cannot find desktop-blank screen with message flashing on and off: how to fix windows lost desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-find-desktop-blank-screen-with/d3750d2a-a760-4871-ba1b-1e90082c6d49
  8. Windows 10 updates KB4515384 and KB4517389 breaks network, makes windows desktop unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates KB4515384 and KB4517389 breaks network, makes windows desktop unusable: Those 2 updates broke wifi (pcie intel 8260) and ethernet (onboard realtek 8189) for me. Also when manually updating from previous build Windows extremely slow to load (15 minutes to desktop), some services not loading, most programs do not open and those who open takes...
  9. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  10. Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop?: Why does Windows keep screwing with my desktop. I want it to stop. I want it to leave it the way I set it up. I want to say much more about how I feel about the abuse of my personal space and time by a half baked OS, but this is a public forum and from the search of this...