Windows 10: desktop

Discus and support desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; pray for each other during this most difficult time in our life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard J. Evavs, Apr 4, 2020.

1. desktop

pray for each other during this most difficult time in our life

:)

Richard J. Evavs, Apr 4, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 4, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 4, 2020
  4. desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

desktop

1. desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!: Hello there!I got a new computer in two weeks and has been using it ever since.I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 8.0.204, but as soon as I start the installation, it says, "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070652 - another installation is in...
  3. Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Desktop Runtime not working!: Hello there!I got a new computer in two weeks and has been using it ever since.I've tried installing the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 8.0.204, but as soon as I start the installation, it says, "setup failed" and spits out the code "0x80070652 - another installation is in...
  4. My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...: I have used the ergonomic keyboard and mouse for my laptops for years, and the new surface laptop 6 I just received doesn't seem to have wireless discovery - only blue tooth discovery options. I'd like to be able to continue to use my mouse, keyboard and number pad - all...
  5. My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...

My Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Wireless Mouse L5V-00001 is not...: I have used the ergonomic keyboard and mouse for my laptops for years, and the new surface laptop 6 I just received doesn't seem to have wireless discovery - only blue tooth discovery options. I'd like to be able to continue to use my mouse, keyboard and number pad - all...
  6. On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?: It is very annoying when I have taken the trouble to order my desktop icons to how I want them, when a Windows Update totally trashes my preference with a re-ordered desk top that defies logic . Is there anyway of stopping this or do I just have to accept that Microsoft knows...
  7. On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?

On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?: It is very annoying when I have taken the trouble to order my desktop icons to how I want them, when a Windows Update totally trashes my preference with a re-ordered desk top that defies logic . Is there anyway of stopping this or do I just have to accept that Microsoft knows...
  8. On Windows 10, why do updates re-order desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  10. Former work desktop Help

Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...