Windows 10: Desktop

Discus and support Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i made a new profile on my pc and it shows my programs without their icons. how do i fix that?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CuzClan Nabbit, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Desktop

So i made a new profile on my pc and it shows my programs without their icons. how do i fix that? Desktop 91564f8a-22dc-4443-b49f-3c36a82b251f?upload=true.png

:)

CuzClan Nabbit, Oct 24, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 24, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Desktop

1. Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  3. Former work desktop Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former work desktop Help: I have a desktop that used to be a work computer has the administrative restrictions on it so I can’t access anything. I’ve had this computer for years now and I want to use it. I have tried the factory reset but I can’t seem too assess it is there any other way I can get rid...
  4. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  5. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  6. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  8. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  9. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  10. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...