Windows 10: Desktop

Discus and support Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i made a new profile on my pc and it shows my programs without their icons. how do i fix that?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CuzClan Nabbit, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Desktop

So i made a new profile on my pc and it shows my programs without their icons. how do i fix that? Desktop 91564f8a-22dc-4443-b49f-3c36a82b251f?upload=true.png

:)

CuzClan Nabbit, Oct 24, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 24, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Desktop

1. Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Desktop will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not stay asleep: Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble...
  3. HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...: TBH I don't know what is really happening. Basically all my data is actually still on the original C drive now it's the "D" drive so it's not too big of a tragedy...but, as per the title, my laptop logged into the wrong account for whatever reason it's of an outlook account...
  4. Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser: Howdy, my wife's laptop recently changed its fonts in numerous places, such as the desktop icons, certain apps, like AVG, and internet browsers. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I've futzed with the font options as much as I can and my google-fu isn't during up...
  5. DESKTOP

DESKTOP: Trying to attach a PDF to Gmail cant find it after I saved to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop/cc1468ce-b5b3-4a6b-a04c-1528c1f4dc47
  6. Remote Desktop App closes for no reason, mostly when using a key combination with Shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App closes for no reason, mostly when using a key combination with Shift: Now that I'm often working from home, I usually use the Remote Desktop app to connect to my office pc. Often, I do not have any problems, but now and then the Remote Desktop app is closed without any clear reason, often when using a key combination with Shift. When...
  7. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage

Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage: Recently I felt a big performance decrease on my pc. My configuration: i3-8100 GTX1660Ti 8Gb RAM I have 2 screens: 1 1680x1050 2 1920x1080 When I start Task Manager I often see 94% RAM usage and the first reason is Desktop Window Manager. It uses neraly 5Gb of memory....
  8. Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adding a Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. I recently downloaded the drivers for model MG5721. I checked my Devices and Printers page and both were listed as follows: [img] I then selected Model 480 to be my default...
  9. Adding Printer to Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding Printer to Desktop Computer: Adding Printer to Desktop Computer – I have two Canon printers, PIXMA Model 480 and MG5721. Both modelshad been listed under Devices and Printers as being on my computer. I checked my computer’s listing and now only Model 480 is listed. I tried searching to add either...
  10. How to arrange desktop icons by date installed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to arrange desktop icons by date installed.: I like to have everything in chronological order on my desktop and want to sort by date. (Not date modified.) can someone please help me? submitted by /u/SpongeOde [link] [comments]...