Windows 10: DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Discus and support DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use DesktopAppConverter to turn my Win32 app into an Appx, but when I run the command I get the following error Command:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ddmilburn02, Jul 5, 2019.

1. DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Hi,

I'm trying to use DesktopAppConverter to turn my Win32 app into an Appx, but when I run the command I get the following error

Command:

DesktopAppConverter -setup -BaseImage "C:\Users\ddmil\Downloads\Windows_BaseImage_DAC_18362_V1.wim" -verbose

Output:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\DesktopAppConverter.ps1 :

DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_RESTART_REQUIRED': A restart is required to proceed.

At line:1 char:1

+ &'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.4.0_ ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED :)) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,DesktopAppConverter.ps1

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I can't see a way to tell it to restart. Can anybody help me?
    Full log file: https://pastebin.com/0CWVkuqw

:)

ddmilburn02, Jul 5, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 5, 2019
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jul 5, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED [​IMG]

zbook, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

1. DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED - Similar Threads - DesktopAppConverter won't setup

2. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  4. Every Windows Setup Won't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Windows Setup Won't Work: Ok, a night i wanted to switch from windows 10 to windows 7, then i got errors but after it booted me to the setup but it said to me "windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." And now it says on EVERY SINGLE WINDOWS INSTALLATION...
  5. Every Windows Setup Won't Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every Windows Setup Won't Work: Ok, a night i wanted to switch from windows 10 to windows 7, then i got errors but after it booted me to the setup but it said to me "windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." And now it says on EVERY SINGLE WINDOWS INSTALLATION...
  6. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  7. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setup exe's won't open: I've been having trouble getting programs setup, I've been trying to run setups for some programs and it won't let me telling me there is an error or some random stuff. Also some apps on my PC got deleted and couldn't be reinstalled. I was having hard drive issues before but...
  8. Setup exe's won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. 7zip won't install a setup

7zip won't install a setup: I got 7zip, and I got an "unofficial" setup meaning not a normal app like Spotify or a verified app like google which I just click on the setup and it's perfectly fine but there are these setups which don't even have an icon and have the default Microsoft icons for exe files...
  10. Windows 10 Setup Won't Start

Windows 10 Setup Won't Start: Hi, I successfully avoided the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my machine came with both for four years, but it's time to surrender. My problem is that when I try to upgrade, whether from the CD or downloaded, it only gets as far a "Setup is starting," but it doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows_BaseImage_DAC_18362_V1.wim