Windows 10: DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Discus and support DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use DesktopAppConverter to turn my Win32 app into an Appx, but when I run the command I get the following error Command:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ddmilburn02, Jul 5, 2019.

1. DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Hi,

I'm trying to use DesktopAppConverter to turn my Win32 app into an Appx, but when I run the command I get the following error

Command:

DesktopAppConverter -setup -BaseImage "C:\Users\ddmil\Downloads\Windows_BaseImage_DAC_18362_V1.wim" -verbose

Output:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\DesktopAppConverter.ps1 :

DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_RESTART_REQUIRED': A restart is required to proceed.

At line:1 char:1

+ &'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.1.4.0_ ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED :)) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,DesktopAppConverter.ps1

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I can't see a way to tell it to restart. Can anybody help me?
    Full log file: https://pastebin.com/0CWVkuqw

:)

ddmilburn02, Jul 5, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 5, 2019
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jul 5, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED [​IMG]

zbook, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED

1. DesktopAppConverter won't setup, E_RESTART_REQUIRED - Similar Threads - DesktopAppConverter won't setup

2. Why won't my page setup go to landscape

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't my page setup go to landscape: I have envelopes saved in my documents and it won't let me change to landscape on my page setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-page-setup-go-to-landscape/ca7b6a65-3c7a-4009-b3f6-443bed6dcd49"
  3. setup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setup problem: setup application doesn't run or work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-problem/56aae706-8c78-41ed-b43e-dfb9e47a4532
  4. Device setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device setup: Device setup randomly appeared in my laptop. Can i close it? Also, the progress bar is stuck on 5-10%. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-setup/86402d5c-914d-41fe-a588-4211081c7a5f
  5. OUTLOOK SETUP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    OUTLOOK SETUP: HI, I HAVE GMAIL AND WOULD LIKE TO SET UP AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT ON MY WINDOWS 10. iT WONT DO IT, SAYS IT CANT FIND MY ACCOUNT. ANY IDEAS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-setup/c761cbb2-42eb-439a-8db2-aaf8cbe6c2f1
  6. Setup wizard

Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...
  7. Firewall setup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall setup?: I found this site quite interesting, tests your internet router security. Probably more to do with adapter/router settings than firewall but still quite interesting... GRC
  8. Library Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Library Setup: I keep all my movies music and pictures on a separate drive. In Windows 7 it simple to add these files to there corresponding library's but I cannot figure out how to do this with Windows 10. I am sure it is simple and I am just over looking something. Thanks in advance....
  9. Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting": Hi I got a problem now. My laptop cant install Windows. This is the story : Im playing games with my laptop for few hours and then my laptop got a crash and then im doing force shutdown. And then im realize that im accidently cause some disk errors. I tried again and...
  10. partition setup

in Windows 10 Support
    partition setup: How to fix a mismatched partition??? Conflict with GPT and MBR on /dev/sda. 3662