Windows 10: desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

Discus and support desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Few of my desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. can any one give me a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RAJEEWAPIYAL, Nov 30, 2021.

1. desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

Few of my desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. can any one give me a solution?

:)

RAJEEWAPIYAL, Nov 30, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

1. desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. - Similar Threads - desktops icons cannot

2. Set some items to single click, others to double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set some items to single click, others to double click?: Can I set desktop icons to single click but still have files and folders set to double click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-some-items-to-single-click-others-to-double/844edbce-0e80-449d-9685-890dd766bef8
  3. Set some items to single click, others to double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set some items to single click, others to double click?: Can I set desktop icons to single click but still have files and folders set to double click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-some-items-to-single-click-others-to-double/844edbce-0e80-449d-9685-890dd766bef8
  4. Can't click on some desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on some desktop icons: All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of...
  5. Can't click on some desktop icons

Can't click on some desktop icons: All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of...
  6. desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.: Few of my desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. can any one give me a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktops-icons-cannot-click-its-not-active-some/3575ff46-6698-43d0-9c99-e042e1341803
  7. desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working.: Few of my desktops icons cannot click. its not active. some items are working. can any one give me a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktops-icons-cannot-click-its-not-active-some/3575ff46-6698-43d0-9c99-e042e1341803
  8. Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item

Open desktop icon with a right click then use the Open menu item: After the latest feature update to my Win 10, if I right click on any desktop icon and try and open the app with the Open command, there is no response. I can still open the app with a double mouse click. Some setting seems to have changed with the upgrade?...
  9. Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop: Hello community. Lately I am encountering this weird bug thanks to which I cannot click on anything that is not desktop. I can launch programs via their shortcuts but when I click on their working window the computer bypasses them and clicks on the desktop instead, graying...
  10. Items on desktop will not open on left click

Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...