Windows 10: Desktops monitors and concepts

Discus and support Desktops monitors and concepts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just moved back to windows from Mac and wondering if I can bring just one “feature” to life on windows 10.On a Mac you can have multiple virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Sheldon, May 20, 2021.

1. Desktops monitors and concepts

Just moved back to windows from Mac and wondering if I can bring just one “feature” to life on windows 10.On a Mac you can have multiple virtual desktops.You can also have multiple monitors.If you have both it is possible to swap between virtual desktops on one monitor without impacting on the desktops on the other monitor.In windows you can have multiple virtual desktops and multiple monitors, too.What I have not been able to do in windows is to go from one virtual desktop on, say, monitor 1 without the virtual desktop on monitor 2 also changing. It seems to be sequential.I often need to togg

:)

Robert Sheldon, May 20, 2021

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 20, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 20, 2021
  4. Swapna S Win User

Desktops monitors and concepts

Desktop shortcuts appear on external monitor instead of pc

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in getting
    desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

This issue might occur due to default settings where you are not able to view the desktop shortcuts on the PC, you are looking for.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions for better assistance:

• Which edition of Windows are you working with?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Plug in the second monitor which physically sits to the left of your primary screen

• Right click the desktop, choose
      Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> Built-in display + Monitor.

• Extended desktop enabled, but screen 2 (on the left) can only be accessed by moving the cursor to the right.

• Right click the desktop and choose
      Graphic Properties - choose 'Multiple Displays' from the side menu.

• Move monitor 2 from its default
      'Right' side to the left – all the icons go with it
      to screen 2 but the taskbar stays on the primary monitor.

• Click 'Apply' to accept this (temporarily) - close the
      'properties' window.

• Right Click the desktop, but this time choose
      'Screen Resolution'. Ensure that screen 2 is to the left - if not, move it.

• Click on screen 1 and ensure it says
      'This is currently your main display'

• Click on screen 2 and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar should move to screen 2.

• Finally click on Screen 1 again and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar and
      all the icons should move back to screen 1.
    I would like to Inform/suggest, Press the
    Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

• PC screen only
      – All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on primary monitor/Desktop.

• Duplicate- Desktop Shortcuts that is on primary monitor/Desktop will replicate on Secondary monitor too.

• Extend- Primary monitor will be extended to Secondary monitor. But all the desktop shortcuts will appear only on primary monitor. (If you want to have the desktop
      shortcuts that’s on primary monitor on secondary monitor, you can just drag the shortcuts from primary to secondary monitor and check if that helps).

• Second screen only- All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on Secondary monitor/Desktop.
    Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in getting desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Desktops monitors and concepts

1. Desktops monitors and concepts - Similar Threads - Desktops monitors concepts

2. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Monitors: Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the...
  3. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Monitors: Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the...
  4. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Peoples they create windows concepts

Peoples they create windows concepts: so when i watch youtube i saw a video named windows 11 concept video was posted on 2020 as i think i asked myself how this one do this ? and this aigainst to microsoft terms of use ? please share me your opinion about this one...
  6. Kids Desktop PC Eye and Happy Case Bezel Monitor and Desktop PC Concepts Avdan

Kids Desktop PC Eye and Happy Case Bezel Monitor and Desktop PC Concepts Avdan: Kids Atouch Desktop PCs and Monitors Model P043 Desktop PC Happy Face Desktop PC and Eye Face Desktop PC Bezel Desktop PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kids-desktop-pc-eye-and-happy-case-bezel-monitor/919f4cf1-985e-42b7-a180-cd789cf7224a
  7. Kids Desktop PC Eye and Happy Case Bezel Monitor and Desktop PC Concepts Avdan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kids Desktop PC Eye and Happy Case Bezel Monitor and Desktop PC Concepts Avdan: Kids Atouch Desktop PCs and Monitors Model P043 Desktop PC Happy Face Desktop PC and Eye Face Desktop PC Bezel Desktop PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kids-desktop-pc-eye-and-happy-case-bezel-monitor/919f4cf1-985e-42b7-a180-cd789cf7224a
  8. Digital Licence concept

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Licence concept: Hi,We have purchased DOS base laptop and retails install digital licence on it.how to identify installed digital licence is legal licence?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-concept/c26b348a-2ac9-43fe-ad7b-870b9b333cc7
  9. File Explorer Concept

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Concept: [IMG] Light [ATTACH] Dark To keep up with the progress, follow the Reddit link and let me know your thoughts! :) https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/a8s6cs/file_explorer_v2_concept/...
  10. Surface Studio - Concepts App

Surface Studio - Concepts App: Hi everyone, I am new to Surface Studio, trying to install concepts App. The error message I am receiving is about not have the right equipment connected to my microsoft account. See pictures attached. The surface studio is registered and connected to my microsoft account....