Windows 10: Desktop's Screen flickers

Discus and support Desktop's Screen flickers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently updated my PC to 2004 update and since then my screen is not stable and unable to do any work. Not even playing games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christine12GK, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Desktop's Screen flickers

I recently updated my PC to 2004 update and since then my screen is not stable and unable to do any work. Not even playing games.

:)

Christine12GK, Jul 25, 2020
  2. AlanR246 Win User

Screen flicker and hangup on desktop screen

The short term fix for me was to roll back to Windows 7. I did not have the time to work through the issues but will try again in a week or so. I had a call in to the Microsoft Answer Desk and got a call back after I rolled back. Pasted below are the suggestions
    to attempt find the problem. In my case, I suspect Norton was the culprit since that was the common product on both my desktops and I was not seeing a flicker in Task Manager window.

From the Microsoft Answer Desk:

Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn't open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:
    The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues - if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.
    Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

AlanR246, Jul 25, 2020
  3. screen flickering before booting to desktop

Hi,

This issue with flickering screen in Windows 10 could have happened due to incompatible or outdated driver. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to troubleshoot flickering screen.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Desktop's Screen flickers

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Desktop's Screen flickers

1. Desktop's Screen flickers - Similar Threads - Desktop's Screen flickers

2. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  3. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  4. Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers desktop slideshow- animation effects: I turned off animation effects, it works and stops the Screen flicker with a desktop slide show. Is there any fix yet? because I actually like the animation effects and would like them to work....
  5. screen flicker after desktop background change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen flicker after desktop background change: hiI set the background to change every 30 seconds and when it changes automatically or manually the screen flickers like showing something for a millisecond then goes on. it seems there is a bug in animation effects because after disabling it this problem got resolved. Other...
  6. screen flicker after desktop background change

screen flicker after desktop background change: hiI set the background to change every 30 seconds and when it changes automatically or manually the screen flickers like showing something for a millisecond then goes on. it seems there is a bug in animation effects because after disabling it this problem got resolved. Other...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Screen Flickering Red

Windows 10 Desktop Screen Flickering Red: Im a Windows 10 user, and my pc's desktop screen is completely red, and the taskbar keeps flickering. I can click on anything. Ive tried opening in safe mode, but that doesnt help. I've uninstalled the latest quality update as well.Can someone help me?...
  8. Desktop flickering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop flickering?: Just updated windows 11 and when I booted up and entered password to login... It bsod... After restarting, entered my password and the desktop along with the icons started flickering... The task bar doesn't load... But the windows do not flicker... Which means it's not a...
  9. Desktop flickering?

Desktop flickering?: Just updated windows 11 and when I booted up and entered password to login... It bsod... After restarting, entered my password and the desktop along with the icons started flickering... The task bar doesn't load... But the windows do not flicker... Which means it's not a...
  10. Desktop screen keeps flickering and is mostly nonresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop screen keeps flickering and is mostly nonresponsive: My start button doesn't work on my desktop and there are no icons displaying and the screen flickers every few seconds. I have rebooted doesn't help, what can I do...