Windows 10: DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar

Discus and support DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This just started showing up a couple of days ago and I cannot find any current information on the issue or how to fix it. I'm running:Windows 10 Home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeggySt, Nov 30, 2022.

1. PeggySt Win User

DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar

This just started showing up a couple of days ago and I cannot find any current information on the issue or how to fix it. I'm running:Windows 10 Home, V. 22H2, 19045.2311. Any ideas?

:)

PeggySt, Nov 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar - Similar Threads - DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window

2. DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on Taskbar: [IMG]Some PC users have reported noticing an empty window named DesktopWindowXamlSource on the Windows 11/10 taskbar and wondering what it is and how they can remove it. This post explains and offers suggestions on what affected PC users can do to rectify this somewhat...
  3. What is DesktopWindowXamlSource on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is DesktopWindowXamlSource on my taskbar?: I am on Windows 10 and since a few days I get a taskbar item name "DesktopWindowXamlSource" which has no action.If I right-click on it and close it, it closes my OneDrive down, which is not what I want.I already reinstalled onedrive and re-linked my account, but the taskbar...
  4. What is DesktopWindowXamlSource on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is DesktopWindowXamlSource on my taskbar?: I am on Windows 10 and since a few days I get a taskbar item name "DesktopWindowXamlSource" which has no action.If I right-click on it and close it, it closes my OneDrive down, which is not what I want.I already reinstalled onedrive and re-linked my account, but the taskbar...
  5. What is DesktopWindowXamlSource on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DesktopWindowXamlSource window in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DesktopWindowXamlSource window in taskbar?: Win 10 Pro with all updates installed. Starting today, and invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on the taskbar. This window has something to do with OneDrive since closing it shuts down OneDrive. What is causing this window to appear in the taskbar and how...
  7. DesktopWindowXamlSource window in taskbar?

DesktopWindowXamlSource window in taskbar?: Win 10 Pro with all updates installed. Starting today, and invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on the taskbar. This window has something to do with OneDrive since closing it shuts down OneDrive. What is causing this window to appear in the taskbar and how...
  8. DesktopWindowXamlSource window in taskbar?

9. DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar

DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar: This just started showing up a couple of days ago and I cannot find any current information on the issue or how to fix it. I'm running:Windows 10 Home, V. 22H2, 19045.2311. Any ideas?...
  10. DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar

DesktopWindowXamlSource empty window on taskbar: This just started showing up a couple of days ago and I cannot find any current information on the issue or how to fix it. I'm running:Windows 10 Home, V. 22H2, 19045.2311. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktopwindowxamlsource