Windows 10: Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

Discus and support Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I understand that in order to use the Function keys I've become accustomed to (for 25 years), I now must hold the FN key first. I can live with that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandpa Jim, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

I understand that in order to use the Function keys I've become accustomed to (for 25 years), I now must hold the FN key first. I can live with that, though I resent it. However, I cannot understand why Windows own Alt + F4 no longer closes an active program, or shuts down Windows, without having to hold the FN key. There simply MUST be a way to restore ALL Windows key combinations to their "original" function. I have read of a number of "solutions," including the BIOS, but none of them work on this HP All-in One Desktop. Model NAE-HP-24-F0020, running Windows 10.

I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can tell me how to disable these "hot keys." I've been to HP Support and no one there has been able to help!

:)

Grandpa Jim, Oct 6, 2019

2. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Oct 6, 2019
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts. :)

terrace, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

1. Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts. - Similar Threads - Desperate help restoring

2. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  3. Desperate for help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desperate for help: For a very long time, this problem has been pissing me off and I can't find a fix. My mic keeps adjusting itself. I usually keep it at 40% but it keeps spiking up to 80% or 90%. I use a superlux E205U which is a USB mic. I would really appreciate it if u could spare some...
  4. Desperate for help

Desperate for help: (Lenovo: Preparing Repair) <--- this is what is showing up. I dont know if i can put this here, but im desperate for help. Anyone has any clue on how to fix this??? This is currently happening right now for about 2 hours already. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  5. I’m desperate, I need help restoring a folder

I’m desperate, I need help restoring a folder: I’m sorry, I’m really desperate, I need help restoring a folder... Hi... Windows updated last night and when I start my PC this morning, my desktop was all messed up, so I decided to look for the folders and shortcuts missing and put them back. Turns out it was a temporary...
  6. Desperately need help

Desperately need help: So I was updating some apps here and there on my desktop and when I went to reboot I got this error message thay said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". Now, I've been trying to access the bios but since I had...
  7. I need desperate help

I need desperate help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrrrrrB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7bnwv/i_need_desperate_help/
  8. Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.

Help needed desperately. Windows lockdown.: Greetings Redditors, I never thought I'd need help but I'm at the end of my rope. I have a elderly relative with a windows 10 computer who is deathly afraid of "cookies". Somebody managed to get it into his head that he needs to delete everything on his computer especially...
  9. I'm desperate for help!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm desperate for help!!: I have a Lenovo 320-15aip lap top that is not even a year old. After my McAfee expired I downloaded AVG but I failed to install it. A month later I was on it and I noticed my settings had been changed and it would deny me access to certain files. I searched it for days...
  10. How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command?: Hi! I have new mouse with more buttons. In mode 1 I added to two buttons functions Copy and Paste. I want to use else one button to Paste shortcut to file. This function is in Explorer and I don't know keystroke, if any has... Is it possible to do by command or any...