Windows 10: Desperate Much?

Discus and support Desperate Much? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Once again, Windows 10 restarts my computer without my permission, only to do this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NomizakGurnisson, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Desperate Much?

/u/NomizakGurnisson, Aug 27, 2020

2. Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits!

I have used MozBackup for years to restore Thunderbird after a new laptop or a reinstall of Windows, but this time it has failed, over and over.

First, it couldn't find the pcv but it could when I went into Browse and re-selected the file. Also, I don't remember seeing this "default-release" option before.

Desperate Much? [​IMG]

Eventually it went thru the process successfully but when I open Thunderbird this is what I see - I'm sure that in the past Thunderbird opens as it was when I backed it up, not as a new blank program that needs the email a/c setting up :-/

Desperate Much? [​IMG]

I've gone round in circles - I saw (paraphrasing) "after you've installed Thunderbird open it once to make sure profiles.ini is created" but there's no profiles.ini to be found in the x86 folder. Somewhere else it said the same thing, almost, but it was registry.dat that should have been created and that's not there either.

Then I read that MozBackup 1.5.1 has problems and that 1.5.2 beta is preferable - I've always used 1.5.1. Could I install 1.5.2 beta on top of 1.5.1, or uninstall the latter and install the former? The backed up files are on D-drive, completely separate from program files, and this has always been the case.

I also found a suggested fix - the pcv file should be changed to zip and unzipped, which I've done after copying the pcv into a separate folder... but what then? I can't understand how to go about it.

I started using Thunderbird to replace Outlook Express, so you can imagine there's a heckuva lot of history to be lost *Sick

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough - am so frazzled and just can't keep stopping all ongoing "work" to install/uninstall/reboot this 'n that. I do hope someone can recommend a step-by-step.

(And to make matters worse, I'm getting the same problem that made me reinstall Win10 in the first place, that's going to be another question to TenForums!)

clemenzina, Aug 27, 2020
  3. j33hopper Win User
    Need help with Radeon 9800 XT

I tried the omega drivers you suggest. They wouldnt allow the pc to detect the 3d device either.

Anyone else have some suggestions? Im in desperation mode now

j33hopper, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Desperate Much?

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate

I'm a bit confused, in post #19 you state that you're not overclocking (OC), but in post #21 you are asking
    If you are OCing return any settings that were OCd back to their defaults, then see if the problem persists, that includes your graphics card the GTX 1060.
    You first must see if you have a stable system at default before any troubleshooting can continue.

I've looked at your dbg files and msinfo, three of the dbg's are for memory corruption and one for LogonUI.exe which handles graphics, in the msinfo you're showing a lot of errors related to PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_10F1 and that points to NVIDIA.

Summary:
    • One way you can test is to disable the GTX card and go with the on-board graphics to see if your system stabilizes or..Run this: FurMark - GPU Stress Test to see if the GTX card is okay.

• Being that the LogonUI.exe file is a system file you could try running a SFC scan to see if you can repair it and run the scan as an Administrator, even if the first scan comes back with no integrity violations it might help if you run the scan at least twice more with re-boots in between.

Though I'm thinking if the GTX card is bad and you fix it the Logon crash may go away, but run the SFC scan to remove any doubt that the Logon file is corrupted.

Thema:

Desperate Much?

1. Desperate Much? - Similar Threads - Desperate Much

2. Need desperate help with my windows 11 BSOD fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need desperate help with my windows 11 BSOD fresh install: Hi!I will list my specs here and then my issue will be stated below.GPUAsus TUF GeForce RTX 3060TI OC 8GB v2 LHRCPUIntel i7 core 13700k 16 core 24 threads 3.4GHzMotherboardMAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFiRAM G.skill trident Z5 RGB 32GB 2x16GB 6400MHz DDR5 CL32SSDSamsung 870 evo...
  3. Need desperate help with my windows 11 BSOD fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need desperate help with my windows 11 BSOD fresh install: Hi!I will list my specs here and then my issue will be stated below.GPUAsus TUF GeForce RTX 3060TI OC 8GB v2 LHRCPUIntel i7 core 13700k 16 core 24 threads 3.4GHzMotherboardMAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFiRAM G.skill trident Z5 RGB 32GB 2x16GB 6400MHz DDR5 CL32SSDSamsung 870 evo...
  4. Wifi connection issues, someone please help I'm very desperate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection issues, someone please help I'm very desperate: I have been having trouble connecting to the wifi, here are all the details necessary to help understand my issue, all other devices in the house connect perfectly fine to the wifi, however my PC only has the wifi working during certain parts of the day random, I have...
  5. Wifi connection issues, someone please help I'm very desperate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection issues, someone please help I'm very desperate: I have been having trouble connecting to the wifi, here are all the details necessary to help understand my issue, all other devices in the house connect perfectly fine to the wifi, however my PC only has the wifi working during certain parts of the day random, I have...
  6. Wifi connection issues, someone please help I'm very desperate

7. Desperately need to disable or bypass "If you shut down now, you and other people using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperately need to disable or bypass "If you shut down now, you and other people using...: Hi all, Win 11 is horrible - and it is wasting my time with the following warning/control feature:"If you shut down now, you and other people using this PC, could lose unsaved work."In the past, I could simply hibernate my PC and walk out the door. Now, it's like a game of...
  8. Desperately need to disable or bypass "If you shut down now, you and other people using...

Desperately need to disable or bypass "If you shut down now, you and other people using...: Hi all, Win 11 is horrible - and it is wasting my time with the following warning/control feature:"If you shut down now, you and other people using this PC, could lose unsaved work."In the past, I could simply hibernate my PC and walk out the door. Now, it's like a game of...
  9. I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...: I own a dell laptop It came with Windows 10 Pro Microsoft offered a free upgrade to windows 11 I accepted and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I would love to return to windows 10. I do not know how. Can anyone help me? perhaps there is a fix for this problem where the...
  10. I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...

I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...: I own a dell laptop It came with Windows 10 Pro Microsoft offered a free upgrade to windows 11 I accepted and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I would love to return to windows 10. I do not know how. Can anyone help me? perhaps there is a fix for this problem where the...