Windows 10: Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...

Discus and support Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm losing my mind. I bought a new laptop a few months ago and the hard drive crashed completely from what I assume is malware. I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/incaensor, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...

Hi everyone, I'm losing my mind.

I bought a new laptop a few months ago and the hard drive crashed completely from what I assume is malware. I bought a new hard drive, downloaded Windows 10 from the website to a USB stick, and thought I had it all figured out. Not quite.

The Problem: The computer won't start up normally. I think I installed Windows since there are recovery, system, and MSR partitions, but every time I finished the installation, the computer resets and brings me right back to the same screen with the prompt 'Where do you want to install Windows?'.

It keeps looping in an endless cycle. I tried deleting Partition 4 and creating a new one, but that didn't work either. I'm not familiar with computers and the whole issue has been taking three days to get to this point. I am very frustrated, confused, and tired.

Please help! How do I finish installing Windows and end this loop?

submitted by /u/incaensor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/incaensor, Dec 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 4, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...

Delta6326, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download...

1. Desperately in need of help with clean Windows 10 download... - Similar Threads - Desperately need help

2. [Need Help] Constant Bluescreen, tried everything, desperate for help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Need Help] Constant Bluescreen, tried everything, desperate for help: Hello, I have an issue with my PC that it continuously keep having bluescreens over the past week. Prior to this, I did have bluescreen issues but I managed to fix it after reparing some corrupt files in my system and was clean for 2 weeks. And now, I am getting the issue...
  3. Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.: I understand that in order to use the Function keys I've become accustomed to (for 25 years), I now must hold the FN key first. I can live with that, though I resent it. However, I cannot understand why Windows own Alt + F4 no longer closes an active program, or shuts down...
  4. Desperate need of help for windows 10 audio fix.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desperate need of help for windows 10 audio fix.: so i have booted my pc up and plugged in my headphones ready to play a game and nothing happened, the sound was still coming out the monitor, so i checked audio devices and it said that no audio devices are installed so i replugged, updated, restarted, re installed realtek...
  5. Need help in clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help in clean installation of windows 10: My computer came with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and then did upgrade to windows 10 Recently wanted to do the clean installation of windows 10 so downloaded the windows 10 from microsoft and created iso file of it. while clean installation process found this Name Total Size Free...
  6. I'm desperate for help!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm desperate for help!!: I have a Lenovo 320-15aip lap top that is not even a year old. After my McAfee expired I downloaded AVG but I failed to install it. A month later I was on it and I noticed my settings had been changed and it would deny me access to certain files. I searched it for days...
  7. Desperately Need Help: How To Recover File From SD Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately Need Help: How To Recover File From SD Card?: Hey guys, What's the best app I can use to recover a file from an SD card that was in a camera? I don't mind buying an app because this is really important for me! I really hope someone can help me because I'm desperate for help! Thank you 108174
  8. Almost Daily ntoskrnl.exe BSOD, Desperately Need Help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost Daily ntoskrnl.exe BSOD, Desperately Need Help...: Title says it all. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to computer stuffs. My laptop is Asus A456UR with i56200U CPU and nVidia 930MX GPU. I have 8GB DDR4 RAM installed (4 onboard, 4 from Corsair stick). More info is in the zipped file. Almost every BSOD is caused by...
  9. Need help with a clean Windows 10 install

Need help with a clean Windows 10 install: After using a Microsoft account to login to Windows, then deciding to switch to a local profile, and giving myself Admin privileges, my Windows permissions are so messed up I've decided to start with a clean install. I tried reinstalling Windows hoping to fix some of these...
  10. Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home

Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home: Hello All, I am licensed to run Windows 10 Home Edition on my PC, but I tried to "upgrade" to Pro without a license. It installed but it would not activate. I need to go back to Home Edition, so I tried everything I could think of but it would not work, so I tried a clean...