Windows 10: Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...

Discus and support Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5. Of late the WiFi has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivekY76, Oct 6, 2018.

1. VivekY76 Win User

Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...

I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5.

Of late the WiFi has been working with a life of it's own - sometimes hangs without being touched, and at other times would hang when switching between.

The behavior is entirely erratic, some of the times the default 'troubleshoot' tools would work, sometimes not.

Have already tried the following methods a number of times, without much avail:

Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands
    Disabling and Enabling the network adapter driver (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Ver 20.50.2.1 at present)

Going to Adapter properties and unchecking the 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power' from Power Management tab.

Disabling the automatic 'Battery Saver' option in the system settings for 'Power/Battery management' options

Installing all the latest Windows Updates, as well as Hardware Updates

Updating network adapter driver

Uninstalling the network adapter driver and restart

Using 'Network Reset' to reinstall network devices

Nothing seems to work, and its almost guaranteed that the moment I try to change between available wifi networks, the thing will just hang. When hung, for an unpredictable time, nothing will first show up on clicking the wifi tray icon. Then the same action would only show a marquee of moving dots, giving suspicion that something might be on, but it would still neither connect nor show any available networks while several may be actually available. Then when that would go away, it will show WiFi button greyed out and a drop-down that will give options to connect:- Manually, or after 1 hr, or after 2 hrs, etc.; but nothing to connect immediately. At this stage, right-clicks on the WiFi tray icon to access 'troubleshoot' would bring up nothing. Then, at some odd times accessing all system settings and from there, the Troubleshooting option from the 'Network & Internet' setting will, for once, reset the adapter and rectify the problem. But as soon as I try switching between available networks, the thing will just hang again and the above scenario would repeat itself.

What can I do?

***Changed the title from Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often***

:)

VivekY76, Oct 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 acting irratically.

Last week my computer started acting irratically and a message appeared on my screen that said that the last update was not playing well with ad blocker programs. It suggested that I disable my ad blocker program until microsoft can fix the problem. Has
    this issue been resolved? Also, I leave my computer on over night so that updates can be installed. Today when I tried to wake up my computer it wouldn't. I had to manually shut down my computer and restart it. Has anybody had this issue?

Ralph

cashand carry, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...

1. Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs... - Similar Threads - Despite numerous troubleshootings

2. Persistent Issues After Windows 11 23H2 Update KB5032288 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Issues After Windows 11 23H2 Update KB5032288 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: Hello Microsoft Community, I recently upgraded my PC to the "2023-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5032288", moving from Windows 11 Version 22H2. Post-update, I'm facing several critical issues:Start Menu and Taskbar...
  3. Persistent Issues After Windows 11 23H2 Update KB5032288 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Issues After Windows 11 23H2 Update KB5032288 Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: Hello Microsoft Community, I recently upgraded my PC to the "2023-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5032288", moving from Windows 11 Version 22H2. Post-update, I'm facing several critical issues:Start Menu and Taskbar...
  4. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  5. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  6. Multiple keyboards intermittently not giving input despite many troubleshooting attempts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple keyboards intermittently not giving input despite many troubleshooting attempts.: Recently my keyboard began acting strangely at random time where software G Hub, Synapse, Device Manager would still show it was functioning normally and there were no issues in the power but Windows would receive no input from it, like something else was consuming the input...
  7. windows 10 hang freezing troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 hang freezing troubleshoot: By uninstall Graphic driver such as HD or FHD , windows would be worked smoothly. Maybe you have to uninstall graphic drive at Safe Mode. One way go safe mode : before login system press Shift + Restart...
  8. Windows 10 hangs "checking for updates" troubleshooter also hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 hangs "checking for updates" troubleshooter also hangs: I JUST installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo B570 using the Free Upgrade Tool from Microsoft saved from when they were offering a free upgrade to all Windows 7 users. For some reason, instead of installing the latest version, it installed version 1709 and despite the fact that...
  9. Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often: I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5. Of late the WiFi has been working with a life of it's own - sometimes hangs without being touched, and at other times would hang when switching between. The...
  10. Windows 10 acting irratically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 acting irratically.: Last week my computer started acting irratically and a message appeared on my screen that said that the last update was not playing well with ad blocker programs. It suggested that I disable my ad blocker program until microsoft can fix the problem. Has this issue been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel(r) core(TM) i3-5020U CPU @ 2.20GHz 100% disk usage solve