Windows 10: Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often

Discus and support Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5. Of late the WiFi has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivekY76, Oct 5, 2018.

1. VivekY76 Win User

Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often

I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5.

Of late the WiFi has been working with a life of it's own - sometimes hangs without being touched, and at other times would hang when switching between.

The behavior is entirely erratic, some of the times the default 'troubleshoot' tools would work, sometimes not.

Have already tried the following methods a number of times, without much avail:

Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands
    Disabling and Enabling the network adapter driver (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Ver 20.50.2.1 at present)

Going to Adapter properties and unchecking the 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power' from Power Management tab.

Disabling the automatic 'Battery Saver' option in the system settings for 'Power/Battery management' options

Installing all the latest Windows Updates, as well as Hardware Updates

Updating network adapter driver

Uninstalling the network adapter driver and restart

Using 'Network Reset' to reinstall network devices

Nothing seems to work, and its almost guaranteed that the moment I try to change between available wifi networks, the thing will just hang. When hung, for an unpredictable time, nothing will first show up on clicking the wifi tray icon. Then the same action would only show a marquee of moving dots, giving suspicion that something might be on, but it would still neither connect nor show any available networks while several may be actually available. Then when that would go away, it will show WiFi button greyed out and a drop-down that will give options to connect:- Manually, or after 1 hr, or after 2 hrs, etc.; but nothing to connect immediately. At this stage, right-clicks on the WiFi tray icon to access 'troubleshoot' would bring up nothing. Then, at some odd times accessing all system settings and from there, the Troubleshooting option from the 'Network & Internet' setting will, for once, reset the adapter and rectify the problem. But as soon as I try switching between available networks, the thing will just hang again and the above scenario would repeat itself.

What can I do?

:)

VivekY76, Oct 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 acting irratically.

Last week my computer started acting irratically and a message appeared on my screen that said that the last update was not playing well with ad blocker programs. It suggested that I disable my ad blocker program until microsoft can fix the problem. Has
    this issue been resolved? Also, I leave my computer on over night so that updates can be installed. Today when I tried to wake up my computer it wouldn't. I had to manually shut down my computer and restart it. Has anybody had this issue?

Ralph

cashand carry, Oct 6, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often

Windows 10 acting irratically.

Windows 7 will still receive updates until January 14th 2020.

I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.

Yes, not the best news you want to hear. These feature updates are not thoroughly engineered and are rushed mostly to meet deadlines. They have become highly unnecessary in some instances. My opinion, focus on the apps and less on having the latest version
    of Windows. If your apps are working fine and you are getting your work done, minimize your need to jump on the latest release.

Now, get ready to go back to your previous version. I recommend Windows 10 1703 because its the most stable and efficient release to date.

Step 1: Go to another working computer with Internet access, download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Choose the following:

- Windows Final

- Windows 10, version 1703

- Windows 10 Pro + Home

- English

- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Step 4: how to recover your files from Windows.old:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1803 again. See instructions how to block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often

1. Despite numerous turoubleshoots attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs often - Similar Threads - Despite numerous turoubleshoots

2. Windows 11 cannot install, despite numerous suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot install, despite numerous suggestions: This is the latest error: We Couldn't inatall Windows 11 0xC1900101 - 0x30018I recently followed the awesome advice from someone while having problems installing Windows 11. However, despite disabling all 3rd party services and installing the Win11_22H2_English_x64v1, I'm now...
  3. Windows 11 cannot install, despite numerous suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot install, despite numerous suggestions: This is the latest error: We Couldn't inatall Windows 11 0xC1900101 - 0x30018I recently followed the awesome advice from someone while having problems installing Windows 11. However, despite disabling all 3rd party services and installing the Win11_22H2_English_x64v1, I'm now...
  4. Windows 11 cannot install, despite numerous suggestions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts: Hello everybody, Here is a link to my problem where I eventually did not find a definitive answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/hvscx4/windows_10_cannot_repair_despite_many_attempts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x I am coming here to see if there is...
  6. WIFI DISCONNECT OFTEN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI DISCONNECT OFTEN: Our wifi modem was placed in the living room, but when i entered in my room which is 5 steps away from the modem, the wifi will disconnected. Everytime I "troubleshoot" it it said, " Problem with access point"....
  7. Irratic performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Irratic performance: My son's PC with a AMD Phenom X4 9100e and 8GB RAM runs a bit slow. The OS is Win10 v1909. I checked it with Everest Ultimate and noticed that the multipliers are flicking between 9 and 4.5, i.e. halving, and the core temperatures were at 80 - 87°C on normal windows 10...
  8. Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Despite numerous troubleshootings attempted, WiFi on OEM Windows 10 acts irratic and hangs...: I have a preinstalled OEM version of Windows 10 Home on my relatively new Lenovo IdeaPad 520S-14IKB 7th gen Core i5. Of late the WiFi has been working with a life of it's own - sometimes hangs without being touched, and at other times would hang when switching between. The...
  9. Irrational Keyboard Input Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Irrational Keyboard Input Delay: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 1570 that runs Windows 10. I have a really odd issue with my keyboard, that's most noticeable when I play video games. It's not "active" all of the time, and I can't figure out any specific triggers or applications that start it. Sometimes it's worse,...
  10. Windows 10 acting irratically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 acting irratically.: Last week my computer started acting irratically and a message appeared on my screen that said that the last update was not playing well with ad blocker programs. It suggested that I disable my ad blocker program until microsoft can fix the problem. Has this issue been...