Windows 10: Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On

Discus and support Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You have a source for this info or are you just guessing. I also disagree with your speculation. Which info? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 19, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On

Which info?

Mystere, May 23, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

The above info

3. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, May 23, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Windows 7 is at 57.xx% but that will drop soon. Thanks

5. groze Win User
    Indianatone is not. I actually understand what he means. He is basically just playing with windows 10 preview in a virtual machine. He is most likely not using for day to day activity.

groze, May 24, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Neither am I, nor should anyone else for that matter.

But if he's decided that Windows 10 isn't for him, there is no point in playing with it in a virtual machine or anything else. Now is there? Why would you keep playing with something you have proclaimed to the world you will never use?

Mystere, May 24, 2015
  7. Why not ? I use it as my only OS everyday.

Why do you always pick apart everything someone else says ? They post something, you miss understand it and then turn it into some twisted senseless post of your own.

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 24, 2015
  8. Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On

Re-reading the title of this thread, I must concur.

As a working computer tech, I'm constantly called on to set up new PC's for my customers, and I give them a choice, whether to keep the 8.1 Metro screen or take the Classic Shell route to a startup screen (desktop) that looks like their old XP or Win-7. (their choice)

The Classic Shell wins out every time. It's just nature, that people like the familiar and reject the UN-Familiar.

Cheers mates, and Happy Computing

*Cool

TechnoMage, May 24, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    I helped a friend buy a new computer that had Windows 8.0. I had already been testing Windows 8 public preview/beta, whatever they called it, so knew about the various third party menus.

She took one look at the start screen and said, "This won't do!" So I showed her the third parties, she picked one and won't let me take it off! When I put Windows 10 on for her, she'll drag her third party with her.

From the first, everyone I knew used third party start menus.

Wynona, May 24, 2015
  10. xpclient Win User
    Classic Shell is just plain awesome not just because it is familiar but because it is powerful.

xpclient, May 24, 2015
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Enough is enough. . .if you want a menu different then the one provide by Microsoft in Windows 10 then use a third party one, albeit it would appear that the one appearing in the latest builds is going to be just find for those who want a Microsoft menu. . .it is time to move on. By now must of us here on the 10's already have made up our mines as to which direction we are going to go, thus it would appear as if the Horse might just live if folks will stop beating it. . .*really

12. Trust_No1 Win User
    You have distorted my original comments to point of being asinine. I guess some people just like to start arguments.

Trust_No1, May 24, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .This is me ignoring you. . .

14. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes, and when someone is struggling along and you show them Classic Shell. All You hear is Oh Yea

Clintlgm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Despite Windows 10, Third-Party Start Menus Will Live On - Similar Threads - Despite Third Party

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  5. Windows 10 suspending third party programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suspending third party programs: A couple weeks ago Windows started suspending a third party program that's installed on my computer, upon executing the program you can see it on a 'running' state in the Task Manager but then it shows a 'Suspended' state, it's removed from the processes list and doesn't...
  6. Windows 10 third party program starting issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 third party program starting issues: Dear Folks, Sometimes when i am working on windows 10 OS i face issues that my third party app is not starting .Even system is not restart/shutdown from there. Kindly give the exact solution for the issue....
  7. Third Party Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third Party Free: If the likes of Kaspersky Free or Bitdefender Free are downloaded does Windows 10 stop updating completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/third-party-free/2137ca8d-a7d6-4bd1-8b93-714c0f810ec0
  8. third party reseller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party reseller: Is purchasing Microsoft products from Brytesoft.com legal? Their website says “When big businesses buy in bulk, sometimes they end up with more licenses than they need. We buy them cheap and pass the savings on to you. It’s the same software at a much lower price.” Does...
  9. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  10. A Third-Party Start Menu in Windows 10: Why It Doesn't Make Sense...

in Windows 10 News
    A Third-Party Start Menu in Windows 10: Why It Doesn't Make Sense...: Windows 10 will finally bring back the Start menu, after approximately three years of struggle and criticism coming from users who couldn't figure out an easy way to work on their computers without such a feature. However, Microsoft decided that, together with the...