Windows 10: Destination Folder Access Denied

Discus and support Destination Folder Access Denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Looking for some advice on this.. I'm trying to transfer some files into a folder that is in my C:\Program Files (x86) directory but I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pskv, Oct 30, 2018.

1. pskv Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hello,

Looking for some advice on this.. I'm trying to transfer some files into a folder that is in my C:\Program Files (x86) directory but I'm just getting an access denied error..

I've given myself permission through the properties tab and I've tried to give myself permission via takeown in CMD which returned a success message but the error still persists.

I'm wondering if this might have something to do with an antivirus program blocking my access? Or is there anything else I can try here?

Thanks.

:)

2. Ariel Aba Win User

Hi SunilDhawan,

I recommend that you follow the instructions provided by thecynicalmonk on this
    link for accessing the drive. You will need to replace step 1 to right-click
    the USB drive instead of the folder.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Oct 30, 2018
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. Destination Folder Access Denied - Similar Threads - Destination Folder Access

2. Destination Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Destination Folder Access Denied: Hi I have checked other articles, but no luck solving this issue. I have a Win 10 Home PC and a new Win 11 Pro PC. In File Explorer on the new PC I can see the old PC from the Network dropdown, and I can see the drives c, d and m in my case. I can also see and open files in...
  3. Destination Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Destination Folder Access Denied: Hi I have checked other articles, but no luck solving this issue. I have a Win 10 Home PC and a new Win 11 Pro PC. In File Explorer on the new PC I can see the old PC from the Network dropdown, and I can see the drives c, d and m in my case. I can also see and open files in...
  4. Destination Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Destination Folder Access Denied: I'm so stoked about being able to transfer files and pictures from my phone to my PC, but after transferring a few I get the message: Destination Folder Access Denied You’ll need to provide administrator permission to move tothis folder I have read a few posts on...
  5. Destination Folder Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Destination Folder Access Denied: I just installed Office 365 with OneDrive. After installation, I could not move or copy files or folder to Desktop and "Documents" folder, and received the notification "You'll need to provide administration permission to copy this folder". Please help me....
  6. Destination Folder, Access Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destination Folder, Access Denied: Hi all could anyone please give me advice on how to get around this issue? I have changed my admin settings already. Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpelwr/destination_folder_access_denied/
  7. Destination Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destination Folder Access Denied: I'm trying to move a file into a game folder. Every time I try to transfer it over I get a "destination file access denied " message I have tried everything. I have became the owner on both the file and folder I have gave full permission on the administrator and my account....
  8. destination folder access denied

destination folder access denied: i am not able to copy or move any folder from my laptop which having win10 to any of my pendrive or portable hard drive. error shows "destination folder access denied"....
  9. destination folder access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    destination folder access denied: hello, I have been trying to move a file from one hard drive to another but every time I tried to do so it came up with "destination folder access denied. you need permission to perform this action." my account is admin and I have tried looking up how to stop this on my own...
  10. destination folder access denied

destination folder access denied: Hi team, yesterday I posted a query regarding disc partitioning and got satisfied by a helper named "DAVE". and I was able to shrink my c drive space to D, E, F. But today when I'm trying to paste or delete anything in any of the new volumes whether it be "D", "E" or "F" it...