Windows 10: Destination not large enough for file.

Discus and support Destination not large enough for file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a backup file from a program that I use and I am trying to copy the backup file to a flash drive. The file is a little less than 5GB, the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlprichard, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Destination not large enough for file.

I have a backup file from a program that I use and I am trying to copy the backup file to a flash drive. The file is a little less than 5GB, the first flash drive had a little less than 10GB of free space. The dialog box says the file is too large for the destination...So opened a brand new 16GB flash drive and tried that one...same result. Then I tried putting the backup in a compressed folder and tried again...same result. Any ideas? It seems to me as though 5 is less than 16... am I missing something?

:)

jlprichard, Jan 5, 2019

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jan 5, 2019
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Destination not large enough for file.

Access Points and Destinations

it takes a bit of getting used to moving from the access point lists to the destinations list they use now.

a couple of points i would suggest that are useful is that

1 many applications will inherit the settings specified in the browser or the 'default' setting in the destinations menu

2 you can add destinations and copy access points to them, if say you want some things to use wifi and an internet cell access point in that order, but you want something else to only only the internet cell access point you can add it to a new destination.

3 some apps that bring up the destinations list allow you to select access points from the options menu.

flagpole---01, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Destination not large enough for file.

1. Destination not large enough for file. - Similar Threads - Destination large enough

2. Getting a "The file is too large for the destination file system" error on a NTFS external HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a "The file is too large for the destination file system" error on a NTFS external HD: Hi,I was searching for a solution for this error and found out that it usually happens in a FAT32 format. In my unusual case, I'm getting this error although the external HD is already formatted tor NTFS. What can I do?...
  3. Windows 11 - file is too large for the destination file system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - file is too large for the destination file system: I am continuously having problems moving data on to my hard disk due to file too large for the destination file system error.Few facts:- Both my hard disk partitions are NTFS, it gives the error when i move between partitions too.- The file i am copying from other shared...
  4. Windows 11 - file is too large for the destination file system

Windows 11 - file is too large for the destination file system: I am continuously having problems moving data on to my hard disk due to file too large for the destination file system error.Few facts:- Both my hard disk partitions are NTFS, it gives the error when i move between partitions too.- The file i am copying from other shared...
  5. Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than...: I brought an Onn 32 gigabyte usb stick from Walmart that I'm using for a place to store program and other thing. The file I'm trying to copy is 4.5gb iso file and the stick has 22gb free. When I try to copy it, I get an error stating that the file is too big for the file...
  6. Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than...: I brought an Onn 32 gigabyte usb stick from Walmart that I'm using for a place to store program and other thing. The file I'm trying to copy is 4.5gb iso file and the stick has 22gb free. When I try to copy it, I get an error stating that the file is too big for the file...
  7. Why does it say "file is too large for destination" when the destination has more than...

8. "Not enough space on destination drive" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Not enough space on destination drive" error: I tried to copy a file to a USB flash drive, but there was insufficient room for it, so I got an error. I then freed up plenty of space on the drive and tried again. It gave me the same error, even though the amount of space was more than adequate. I rebooted Windows 10, but...
  9. File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system

in Windows 10 News
    File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system: [ATTACH] This post will help you if you cannot copy large files over 4GB to USB flash drive or SD card, and you receive a message – File Too Large, The file is too large for the destination file system message [...] This post File Too Large – The file is too large for the...
  10. The file "install.wim" is too large for the destination file system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The file "install.wim" is too large for the destination file system.: Was just copying over the files from my mounted Windows 10 (multi edition) MSDN ISO and got that message. It's formatted as Fat32. This is the just newly released last month ISO. Looks like I'll have to use NTFS? This may be an issue for those that need Fat32 for UEFI...