Windows 10: Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?

Discus and support Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have accidentally deleted the Destop icons, this PC (windows 10) how do I get it back? I do not want to have a shortcut Destop Symbol dieser PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shiraunddati, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?

I have accidentally deleted the Destop icons, this PC (windows 10) how do I get it back? I do not want to have a shortcut

:)

Shiraunddati, Aug 2, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 2, 2020
  3. wiski Win User
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

Okay, I did the upgrade (remoted in from work) and it looks like it fixed the icon issues, but Windows still wants me to connect to the internet to activate:

Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted? [​IMG]

I was actually half hoping I would have to do a full restore so I could find a way to block the Creator's Update, but now I worry if I do that I might not be able to activate Windows normally.

wiski, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?

1. Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted? - Similar Threads - Destop icon accidentally

2. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  3. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

Text scaling seems to break destop icons: I was changing the font size in the accessibility options when I noticed the icons on my desktop were more spaced apart than usual, so I changed it a couple of times to check and it seems like the space grows wider every time I change it, regardless of weather I'm increasing...
  6. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text scaling seems to break destop icons: I was changing the font size in the accessibility options when I noticed the icons on my desktop were more spaced apart than usual, so I changed it a couple of times to check and it seems like the space grows wider every time I change it, regardless of weather I'm increasing...
  7. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Destop Shortcuts

Destop Shortcuts: Colleagues Good afternoon I need to provide remote user access to a data base that I've uploaded to Dropbox. I want to be able to set up desktop icons remotely, so that I don't have to schedule visits to them all. I know the base user location details, e.g....
  9. Windows moving destop icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows moving destop icon.: I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows stopped moving the folder and is now moving the image - is there any way to stop this? 115027
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...