Windows 10: Destop Shortcuts

Discus and support Destop Shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Colleagues Good afternoon I need to provide remote user access to a data base that I've uploaded to Dropbox. I want to be able to set up desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanWhiteBoss, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Destop Shortcuts

Colleagues

Good afternoon

I need to provide remote user access to a data base that I've uploaded to Dropbox.

I want to be able to set up desktop icons remotely, so that I don't have to schedule visits to them all.

I know the base user location details, e.g. c:/Users/Pete and that all I have to do is to add /Dropbox/St Wilfrids/DataEase.exe,
    but I can't find a way of editing a shortcut file, i.e. Shortcut.lnk (lower case 'L' nk, not upper case 'i')

I've looked on the web and it's suggested that I change the extension from .lnk to something else
    e.g. lne, then apparently you can open and edit it before setting the extension back to .lnk

Unfortunately, although my system is set to show extensions in Explorer, whilst it seems to show all others, it doesn't show .lnk, so I can't edit it.

Any thoughts on how I might achieve my objectives? i.e. to create tailored shortcuts (.lnk),
    that I can upload to Dropbox such that all the users need to do is to right-click on the shortcut file name
    and select; Send To; Desktop (Create a Shortcut)

Many thanks

Ian

:)

IanWhiteBoss, Dec 1, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Destop Shortcuts :)

terrace, Dec 1, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Destop Shortcuts

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Destop Shortcuts

1. Destop Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Destop Shortcuts

2. Can't sign into One Drive Destop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into One Drive Destop App: I recently had to do a complete reset of my PC and when I downloaded the One Drive App from the Microsoft store this happened. First it will take forever saying we're getting your account ready and then its says oops we're having a problem. Can someone please help?...
  3. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...: My PC appears to have decided on it's own to consolodate my shortcuts only 12 of 64 were left on the desktop plus a "Shortcut to Desktop OneDrive-..." added to my desktop.The 12 remaining icons were in the same locations as left.The other~52 icons appear to have been moved to...
  4. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...: My PC appears to have decided on it's own to consolodate my shortcuts only 12 of 64 were left on the desktop plus a "Shortcut to Desktop OneDrive-..." added to my desktop.The 12 remaining icons were in the same locations as left.The other~52 icons appear to have been moved to...
  5. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

7. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

8. PC had ~64 destop icons files and shortcuts and all but 12 disappeared into a Onedrive...

9. I can't get my shortcuts yo show up on my destop when igo to it

I can't get my shortcuts yo show up on my destop when igo to it: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/i-cant-get-my-shortcuts-yo-show-up-on-my-destop/87ffaa57-c68f-4bf3-9c63-e25ebf07da6f
  10. Lost control of cursor. Somtimes launch shortcut on destop also 2 curs

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost control of cursor. Somtimes launch shortcut on destop also 2 curs: Good day I have a bitof trouble: Lenovo ideacentre 24ish 700 Platform Windows 10 home ( free) 64 bit 10.0.14393 Odd asanniversary update installed? Withoutwarning found cuts was snatched away from me to a grey disc, this also happens onthe log in page- can take about half...