Windows 10: Destroyed my laptop...

Discus and support Destroyed my laptop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheStarchild, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Destroyed my laptop...

I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just ordered a new laptop and want to install my old SSD drive into the new machine. It is a 2TB drive. I am sure the new machine will come with its own Windows 10 license. All of my paid programs are on that drive. Will I have any issues with Windows 10 activation by installing the old drive? I don't want to lose all of my paid programs like Nero, etc.

:)

TheStarchild, Jul 16, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 16, 2019
  3. nkomp18 Win User
    Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed my laptop

Hi there,

Maybe you didn't read? I had followed DELLs steps and the installation was successful.

Windows 10 destroyed my laptop randomly the next day, for no reason. It was working fine for a while. No driver issues or anything like that.

The most frustrating this is that the only solution now is to find Windows 8, install, run all available updates and then install Windows 10. Something which will take many many hours and after it is done might, again, destroy my laptop again for no reason.

nkomp18, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Destroyed my laptop...

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Destroyed my laptop...

1. Destroyed my laptop... - Similar Threads - Destroyed laptop

2. Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ants destroyed Laptop's internal keyboard: Sir, I am using Windows 10 PC. But, wherever I put my laptop, ants attack my internal keyboard. They just cut the rubber layer under the keys, after that some of the keys doesn't work anymore. My keyboard was badly autotyping. Because of the ants, I have ordered two new...
  3. My pc is destroyed after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc is destroyed after update.: After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset . Wouldn't let me. Tried all thru command prompt also. Rebooted a couple more times. Popped the battery a couple times. Now...
  4. How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I completely "destroy" my laptop's internal keyboard without physically opening the...: I hate using the keyboard this laptop came with. The arrow keys are missing and barely function, while the rest of the keys are stuck. (They work, just not well at all.) I don't want to use the internal keyboard, rather the USB Logitech one I have. However, when I place it on...
  5. How to get windows 10 pro license, from destroyed laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get windows 10 pro license, from destroyed laptop: I purchased a windows 10 pro license key from Microsoft.com and activated it on my old laptop, which was now beyond repair for me to recover the key and use it on my new machine. I have the order details from my previous purchase. How do i deactivate the key from old laptop...
  6. Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop

Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop: For the past year I have been repairing my Toshiba laptop after Windows 10 updates crashed it. After two visits to a technician I decided to contact Microsoft. I spent hours talking to someone on the phone. My daughter created 2 USB Windows ISO files for me (64 & 32). I then...
  7. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....
  8. Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update

Laptop Destroyed by Windows 10 Update: Apparently my laptop updated while I left it unattended, and now I get error message no matter what I try. It says my computer needs to be repaired---missing file : Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error OXC0000225. Now, here's the fun part: I cannot bypass this error no...
  9. Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop: Hi all I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (17R 5737) which was originally running Windows 8 (and later 8.1) with all updates installed. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 and I had a few installation errors but on the 6th try it worked because I chose not to keep my...
  10. Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop

Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop: About a fortnight ago, there were upgrades waiting to be installed. I was about to close my laptop and it said that it would do the upgrades then shut down, so I left it and went to bed. The laptop was off next morning but I didn't use it. My son (IT Programmer) came home...