Windows 10: Detach Screen

Discus and support Detach Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased my 15" Microsoft surface book 2 in January and it is having issues with the detachable screen. I can't turn on my computer unless I detach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ana susanamartinez, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Detach Screen

I purchased my 15" Microsoft surface book 2 in January and it is having issues with the detachable screen. I can't turn on my computer unless I detach the screen first and turn it on and then attach it again to the base. It also keeps attaching and detaching several times in the main screen even though it is already attached to the base.

Does any one else has this issue? Is there a way to fix it or should I return the machine to Microsoft?

Thank you

:)

ana susanamartinez, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

"Ready to Detach" stays on screen after detach and reattach

Hi Auri,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with geeting popup Ready to Detach after detaching.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if the issue started after installing latest Windows Update?

If yes, I suggest you to uninstall the Windows Update that caused the issue and check if the issue occurs or not.

To uninstall the update follow these steps:

a) Right- Click on Start and click on
    Control Panel.

b) Click on Programs and features.

c) Click on View installed updates.

d) Scroll through the list and find the update.

e) Right-click the update and
    uninstall it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Detach Screen

problem detaching my surface book

Hi Robert,

If a background app prevents your Surface Book to be detached, we recommend that you disable this application to run in the background. To disable a background app, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Privacy from the list.
    • Select Background apps in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Choose which apps can run in the background, look for the application and toggle it off.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Detach Screen

1. Detach Screen - Similar Threads - Detach Screen

2. Surface Book 2 Resolve Before Detaching wsaClient`

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 2 Resolve Before Detaching wsaClient`: At the beginning of March 2024, my Surface Book 2 keeps giving me error "Please resolve before detaching" issues. I cannot go into tablet mode. Restarting does not resolve. I have all updates installed. I have performed the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit. I have forced shut down....
  3. Surface Book 2 Resolve Before Detaching wsaClient`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 2 Resolve Before Detaching wsaClient`: At the beginning of March 2024, my Surface Book 2 keeps giving me error "Please resolve before detaching" issues. I cannot go into tablet mode. Restarting does not resolve. I have all updates installed. I have performed the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit. I have forced shut down....
  4. How do I detach an email from a PC profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I detach an email from a PC profile?: Hiya, I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Book3 360. I created a PC account with my email address but I hadn't added an email address in the actual settings of the account. While trying to create a new profile for my laptop for family to access, I accidentally instead added...
  5. Screen Rotation Lock button greyed out - can't auto rotate screen on Lenovo x12 detachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Rotation Lock button greyed out - can't auto rotate screen on Lenovo x12 detachable: From what I understand, the rotation lock is disabled on windows 11 when the keyboard is attached, by design. I want to know how to disable that function. It makes no sense at all to me why rotation lock would be enabled when the keyboard is attached, as the tablet will...
  6. Screen Rotation Lock button greyed out - can't auto rotate screen on Lenovo x12 detachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Rotation Lock button greyed out - can't auto rotate screen on Lenovo x12 detachable: From what I understand, the rotation lock is disabled on windows 11 when the keyboard is attached, by design. I want to know how to disable that function. It makes no sense at all to me why rotation lock would be enabled when the keyboard is attached, as the tablet will...
  7. Detachable keyboard and Screen issue .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Detachable keyboard and Screen issue .: whenever I switch on the tablet and the screen pops up which further asks for paswrd etc im unable to use keyboard like I can't press enter to pop up paswrd screen .I have detached keyboard multiple times but all in vain....
  8. Surface Book 2 screen not detaching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 screen not detaching: i haven't been able to detach my laptop's screen for the past several months. every time i try either something called lockapp is keeping it from detaching, or random background apps that dont seem like theyd keep my screen from detaching keep it from detaching. i literally...
  9. Microsft Pro screen not detaching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsft Pro screen not detaching: Does anyone know how to detach a surface pro screen when it refuses to detach. The Notebook is fully charged yet the release button keep saying please charge now. Very annoying...
  10. links 12/67 windows 10 laptop with detachable screen/tablet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    links 12/67 windows 10 laptop with detachable screen/tablet.: the laptop an tablet do not combine when I try to project them to extend or duplicate. how can I make the tablet recognise each other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-1267-windows-10-laptop-with-detachable/14a7d0d7-aab3-4e9d-861e-98c2c685bd63

Users found this page by searching for:

1. detach screen

2. how to detach screen

3. dettach screen

4. detatch screen,
  5. detach screen of,
  6. detach scree,
  7. windows 10 laptop 3 detaching screen,
  8. detach the screen,
  9. ditach screen,
  10. detachscreen