Windows 10: Detachable keyboard is not working

Discus and support Detachable keyboard is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve faced a problem with a detachable keyboard because the text services framework is not working. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinSandifer1, May 14, 2019.

1. Detachable keyboard is not working

I’ve faced a problem with a detachable keyboard because the text services framework is not working. Can you help me?

:)

KevinSandifer1, May 14, 2019
  2. Kafedemy Win User

detachable keyboard not working

I tried it but it didn't work. somebody suggested I get detachable keyboard drivers where and how do I get the drivers?

Kafedemy, May 14, 2019
  3. Kafedemy Win User
    detachable keyboard not working

I bought an acer aspire switch 10 with a single language code in Chinese I reinstalled the windows 10 from Chinese to English after the installing the English version the detachable keyboard and mouse have stop working but the touch screen is still working

Kafedemy, May 14, 2019
  4. Detachable keyboard is not working

Surface detachable keyboard - "r" key not working properly

Hello Kristine,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you facing the same issue with on-screen keyboard as well?

Let us try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Keyboard Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows + X keys when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Keyboard driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click on the drive, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 3: Install the Keyboard driver from the manufacturer’s website.

I suggest you to install the latest Keyboard driver from the computer manufacturer website.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
    previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Review Windows Update: The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times,
    updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press Windows Key.

2. Select Settings.

3. Click on Update and security and click Check now.

4. Follow the prompts to install all recommended and optional updates.

If the issue still persists, then the problem might be with the detachable keyboard, if it is within the warranty period you try contacting the store from which you purchased.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Detachable keyboard is not working

1. Detachable keyboard is not working - Similar Threads - Detachable keyboard working

2. My detachable keyboard is malfunctioning?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My detachable keyboard is malfunctioning?: I have a Surface Pro 8 with a detachable keyboard. The top row of keys are functioning differently than what they are meant to. For example, when I hit the backlight keyboard key it opens up a new tab. When I hit the brightness key it asks "turn on caret browsing?" When I hit...
  3. Tabpro s detachable keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabpro s detachable keyboard: Since an update for Windows 11 appeared and uploaded PC health check my tablet intermittently loses the detachable keyboard and touchpad. My Tabpro s isn't compatible with Windows 11 and is still running Windows 10. Any ideas why this could be. I've tried cleaning the...
  4. Tabpro s detachable keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabpro s detachable keyboard: Since an update for Windows 11 appeared and uploaded PC health check my tablet intermittently loses the detachable keyboard and touchpad. My Tabpro s isn't compatible with Windows 11 and is still running Windows 10. Any ideas why this could be. I've tried cleaning the...
  5. Tabpro s detachable keyboard

6. detachable keyboard for my separate monitor

detachable keyboard for my separate monitor: how enable my detachable keyboard for my separate monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detachable-keyboard-for-my-separate-monitor/76228f3d-c54e-4d5b-98b6-5d007e3315b0
  7. Detachable keyboard and Screen issue .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Detachable keyboard and Screen issue .: whenever I switch on the tablet and the screen pops up which further asks for paswrd etc im unable to use keyboard like I can't press enter to pop up paswrd screen .I have detached keyboard multiple times but all in vain....
  8. My keyboard is not working and I cannot detach it

My keyboard is not working and I cannot detach it: My keyboard isn't working and I cannot detach it. I have tried restarting and it is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-and-i-cannot-detach-it/f4ab6f88-1942-4729-a922-d86d469c3f63
  9. Windows 10 tablet (Linx 1010) detachable keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 tablet (Linx 1010) detachable keyboard won't work: The tablet recognises its attached because when I remove it, it asks to go into tablet mode, same thing for hdmi cable, it won't project onto my TV. I have tried updating the driver, updating and messing with the toggle keys to no avail Anyone know what I can do? Thank you...
  10. Detach Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Detach Screen: I purchased my 15" Microsoft surface book 2 in January and it is having issues with the detachable screen. I can't turn on my computer unless I detach the screen first and turn it on and then attach it again to the base. It also keeps attaching and detaching several times in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface detachable keyboard not working

2. detachable keyboard on linx stopped working

3. windows detachable keyboard not working