Windows 10: Detail tabs defaults

Discus and support Detail tabs defaults in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I am an audio engineer and I find really annoying that when in list mode Windows automatically defaults the detail tabs to "Contributing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Erizound, May 26, 2020.

1. Detail tabs defaults

Hey everyone!

I am an audio engineer and I find really annoying that when in list mode Windows automatically defaults the detail tabs to "Contributing artist, #, Album, etc...".

Is there any way to permanently change this to something more useful, say "Date modified" without having to right-click and select it every time?

submitted by /u/Erizound
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Erizound, May 26, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Detail tabs defaults :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 26, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 26, 2020
  4. Detail tabs defaults

Default Photo issue

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Go to control panel.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Click on Microsoft Picture Viewer and set it to default.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.

Keep us posted if you have any issue with Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Detail tabs defaults

1. Detail tabs defaults - Similar Threads - Detail tabs defaults

2. No details tab on file properities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No details tab on file properities: I dont have a details tab on any of my files on win 11, is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-details-tab-on-file-properities/4504ce5d-82f3-4f5b-947f-4dab00175ab6
  3. No details tab on file properities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No details tab on file properities: I dont have a details tab on any of my files on win 11, is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-details-tab-on-file-properities/4504ce5d-82f3-4f5b-947f-4dab00175ab6
  4. How to turn comment details on by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn comment details on by default: Hi, At work, my coworkers and I have started to add comments in the document's properties in file explorer to have better traceability and hopefully cut down on confusion. An issue we are running into though is every time file explorer is closed and reopened or we navigate...
  5. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default details when search: Thanks for your response, please can you confirm that within Windows Explorer it is possible to change the default view for 'Search Results'? This is not related to Outlook. Your response above suggest that this is possible? ---- The question has been asked but not answered...
  6. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default details when search: Thanks for your response, please can you confirm that within Windows Explorer it is possible to change the default view for 'Search Results'? This is not related to Outlook. Your response above suggest that this is possible? ---- The question has been asked but not answered...
  7. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. TAB key not working - detailed question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TAB key not working - detailed question: Hello So I bought new Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard and it worked perfect until windows update week later. After this update TAB key stopped working. I have looked after few solutions like "ALT+0,0,9" - "Ctrl+1", but nothing had helped. Drivers are all updated with...
  9. Setting defaults for folder details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  10. Windows Search - set default to details

in Cortana
    Windows Search - set default to details: We have a customer who wants their Windows Search results set to details by default. Outlook 365 The default is content for search results and the customer has to reset each time to Details. This can be managed by changing the registry but then is reset after Windows...