Windows 10: Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer

Discus and support Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have thousands of duplicate picture files in my File Backup storage drive and need to do some culling. File Backup is working properly now but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanPapesh, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer

I have thousands of duplicate picture files in my File Backup storage drive and need to do some culling. File Backup is working properly now but I have too much duplication. How would I Search a folder and only isolate the second file?

Please and thank you for your help.

PICT0610 2019_04_14 20_30_33 UTC

PICT0610-2 2019_04_14 20_30_33 UTC

:)

AlanPapesh, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jan 3, 2021
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Finding duplicate files

For images, I love DupDetector
    https://www.keronsoft.com/dupdetector.html

It's cool and special because it matches images and photos by content (like Google can search for similar images) and not filename or date. You can even adjust the sensitivity. It'll find identical images across different file formats as well as different resolutions/sizes. So you can weed out low resolution duplicates of higher res images or simply actually the same duplicate images.

RejZoR, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer

Finding duplicate files

i could use something like that...my goddamn dropbox account is FULL of duplicates, as is my local dropbox folder. such a pain in the ass.i have NO cluse where they are coming from

jboydgolfer, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer

1. Detailed search for duplicate image files with similar name in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Detailed search duplicate

2. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  3. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  4. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  6. Owner Name, File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Owner Name, File Details: I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the...
  7. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  8. File Explorer similar file names no longer appear

File Explorer similar file names no longer appear: Ever since the most recent update, similar file names no longer appear when im naming a new file. For example, if I am naming an image file "new", it doesn't show me file names with "new" in the title: [ATTACH] I tried this on another windows 10 computer with the most...
  9. searching with file explorer for just file names

searching with file explorer for just file names: Name:XYZ file explorer will list filenames, folder names, shortcuts etc. NO. I just want filenames! How to do i get that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-with-file-explorer-for-just-file-names/733d9215-8cb9-49fc-ae2d-3559c6e1e642"
  10. File Explorer Search-"Limit to search on name" not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search-"Limit to search on name" not working: Hello, The File explorer option is bugged: whatever option one chooses: search names, url, or contents: the result total is that of search "contents". For most searches, this gives 12000 files instead of say 3. Cortana does give the three, but it's not at all a satisfactory...