Windows 10: Details about windows 10 OEM version

Discus and support Details about windows 10 OEM version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new laptop without Windows OS(it has a preintalled OS,Not Windows). I am a student, can i insall the Windows 10 OEM to my laptop? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbhishekABS, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Details about windows 10 OEM version

I have purchased a new laptop without Windows OS(it has a preintalled OS,Not Windows). I am a student, can i insall the Windows 10 OEM to my laptop? Is it illegal?

If it is not legal then where can i get the Windows 10 education version?

:)

AbhishekABS, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Details about windows 10 OEM version

Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Details about windows 10 OEM version

1. Details about windows 10 OEM version - Similar Threads - Details OEM version

2. Details about wmic and wmi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details about wmic and wmi: Hello everyone,I have been working and researching about wmi and wmic, and I have come to the conclusion that wmic can be abused by attackers if the system gets compromised and it should not be available to the local users but to admins. I want to know if we block the access...
  3. Details about wmic and wmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Details about wmic and wmi: Hello everyone,I have been working and researching about wmi and wmic, and I have come to the conclusion that wmic can be abused by attackers if the system gets compromised and it should not be available to the local users but to admins. I want to know if we block the access...
  4. WINDOW VERSION 10 FROM OEM KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOW VERSION 10 FROM OEM KEY: In my pc I had OEM key I want to confirm window 10 pro or home please tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-version-10-from-oem-key/a171a97e-d60d-4623-85f3-1fed2d400b4f
  5. OEM Versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Versions: there are any thing illegal to Microsoft from using oem windows versions.... I will use it to my device but the very low price of the windows makes me hesitant to buy it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-versions/20529ad5-990f-46e5-ba83-afc277c9cf49
  6. Details about Event Log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Details about Event Log: Hello all, I wish to know the descriptions of all the sub-topics inside event viewer - application and services log - Microsoft - windows : AAD - logs related to Azure Active Directory or ??? Action queue - ?? ADSI - ?? where do I get the related description for all the...
  7. Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Question regarding the Windows 10 OEM version: Few months ago I bought an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro for roughly around 1$ off eBay Everything's fine with it and the key is working, but soon I'm planning to upgrade some parts of my system and probably do a new installation of Windows using Media Creation Tool I want...
  8. Windows 10 pro OEM version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro OEM version: i wanted to know if it is legal to use windows 10 Pro OEM key to activate my unactivated windows 10 pro windows on my assembled machine for my personal use ? Also if I boaght it on Ebay and got the key via msg without physical media and and no COA does that make it properly...
  9. OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Where can I get the instructions to install win 10 pro on my current windows 8.1 desktop? I tried it once with no luck. According to Frye's Electronics' it will take some tools that I can download from Microsoft. I'm not sure where I can get them and which ones....
  10. Retail version or OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version or OEM version: Hi Friends, I am thinking of building a new PC on my own. I am a home user only. I will buy all the hardware from a local shop ie motherboard, cpu, ram, hdd etc and then I would like to install a genuine/legal version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. But should I buy OEM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when will microsoft ship the oem dvds of windows 10 pro version 1909